2014 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Brian

2014 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Been driving 41 years, owned quite a few cars. Prior to this I had a Grand Marquis and a Buick Lesabre, both very comfortable and nice riding cars. The Taurus is very beautiful inside and out. It is a pleasure just being in it. I find the Taurus to be fun to drive, comfortable, quiet, and powerful. Controls are logically positioned and easy to use. Handling and performance are impressive. Seats are comfortable. Personally I like this base models' cloth seats, as there's no need for heating or cooling the seats. But at the dealership I did sit in the models that had leather and they were really nice too. Gas mileage is a little less than what I got in the Lesabre with its 3.6L V6. But really there is nothing I do not like about this car. I love it. I enjoy driving it. It is definitely the best car I've ever owned.

The sleeper !
By Mike W.

2014 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have purchased a new car on average every three years since 1968, everything from Corvettes and Cadillac to Volkswagen Beetles. This Ford is the first car that needed no adjustments, no repairs, no squeaks and no rattles since I've owned it. All wheel drive and 365 HP make this one fun car to drive, 18 MPG on average with regular gas, 24 on the highway. It has a huge trunk and can seat five comfortably.

Makes my work "fun"
By 9c1chevyguy

2014 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is one great cop car .we have Chargers and a new Chevrolet "Caprice" well I always grab the "police Interceptor " keys first (ford does NOT like when you call it a "Taurus" .. Of course we do not have all the "bells & whistles " not even a "aux input jack " or even remote lock/unlock (like the Charger and Chevy ) ..but this car just flies ,and I beat on it every day ..50K so far and NO problems ..It does have the 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost ..

The Headlights (non HID) are bad ..but being in a city ,it's not a big issue for me

Sexy and Elegant!
By bondgirl73

2014 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had to trade the truck that I had for something that was easier to get in and out of due to a back injury. I have had two older Taurus's before and my teenage daughter even has an older one now. I have also had various makes and models of other vehicles over the years, mostly Jeep, Honda, Toyota or Ford. No vehicle even comes close to this baby! Tuxedo Black with black leather, black and aluminum wheels. It is SEXY! There is something also very elegant about it. But I will warn you, even though it is a 4 cylinder engine, (with turbo) it will take off if you press the gas, could get you a ticket if you aren't careful! Love it, pure joy to drive, and turns heads! The color is gorgeous!

Heated leather seats in front and back, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, power sunroof, memory seat for two people, push button start, lane assist, back-up assist, navigation, hookup for iPod, AV, Sync system for phone, Push button rear window visor to keep sun out, tinted rear-view for night time driving, Shift drive for automatic to give it the straight drive feel, power windows and mirrors and the list continues! Fully loaded.

Don't change anything! I love this car!!!

You gotta love the Taurus!
By dismi

2014 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Taurus for 6 mos and I love it! Nothing negative to report!!

backup camera, My Ford features, voice activated... The best of all are the adjustable pedals!!!!!!

• SUV