Totally Unexpected!
By shalabylaw on
2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I would never have even thought to look at a Taurus. I HATED them!...That is based on my recollection of those older junk ones of yester-year. Nevertheless, my other two cars broke down, and I rented one for six weeks. I was totally surprised. I loved it! Then Hertz took away my Taurus, and I immediately felt the loss. I had no choice but to go straight to the dealer down the street and buy one. I got mine 3/13, and what a dream of a car! Already have 8,000 miles on it. It's just like the top reviews say. It's super quiet, super comfortable, has the best interior dash and seat design I've seen in years, and gets AMAZING gas mileage. I drove round-trip Berkeley to Big Sur, 31 MPG!!
Favorite Features
Calming ride.
Suggested Improvements
SEL needs same seat on passenger side as on driver's. Driver's side is more comfortable with added adjustments. Limited is overkill. There is road noise from the tires depending on pavement, so Ford needs to work on reducing the noise. It's probably because the engine is so quiet that you can hear the tires instead.