Big Disappointment
By simba13 on
2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I purchased a new 2013 Ford Taurus Limited that had all the bells and whistles at over $40K. I wanted a large sedan and thought the new Taurus would suffice my needs. I know I jumped the gun on my purchase with this Taurus. When I test drove the Taurus is was on smooth roads in the day. The Taurus had a horrid, buckboard ride on uneven pavement, the seats Ford uses now are simply horrible, the Taurus' halogen headlights are the worst in the industry! I also found the interior to be small for such a big car. It had a roomy truck though. The center console is ridiculous and the ergonomics are pretty terrible. Car has squeaks and rattles and the headliner is bubbling. Car is now for sale.
Favorite Features
Roomy trunk
Suggested Improvements
Headlamp design needs a complete redesign. The projector, single lamp, halogen headlamps are dreadful! Very poor light output, yet glaring to on coming traffic! The optics are inferior. Cheap design bar none. An overly stiff and bouncy ride is uncalled for in a car of this class. Better interior insulation is needed and interior materials are not class leading by a long shot. Headliner material is cheap and delaminates from the fiberboard header. A complete redesign of the interior needs to be implemented to trim down the ridiculously bulky console. Visibility needs improving especially out the rear window. Steering is over boosted and feels disconnected.
By djf6
on 06/13/14 10:45 AM (PDT)

Mine is near perfect.

By markj5362
on 02/18/14 16:23 PM (PST)

I'd give it some time on the "bouncy" ride...maybe its too stiff since it's brand new. I just bought a 2013 SEL with leather/sunroof and love it! Ride is very smooth. It was a rental before I purchased and has 18000 miles on it. Much smoother and more quiet than my 12 Impala LTZ that I traded in. This is a great sedan for the money.