2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: The ONLY car on a market for t

2013 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

The ONLY car on a market for tall family
By 49north on

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Superb car! We were on a mission to find a car where our two boys can comfortably fit on a back seat. The problem is - our oldest son is 6'5". After trying literally every full size we finally found the one. I see comments about confining front seats. Not true at all. I love front seats set up. I am 6'2" 220 lbs and have surprisingly lots of room in a driver seat. Car sits high on a road. Very fast (I am not talking about sports cars). It is also long and wide. But doesn't look like a boat. Turnaround radius is surprisingly small. It is also very quiet. Great suspension. You can say the car is heavy, and I love it. Lots of steel to protect people inside.

Favorite Features

First and foremost - seats. The best seats ever! I love the seats. Second - value. You have a lot of luxury for a regular price. Leather seats (you can cool them down or heat them up). Back up censors are great. Position of cup holders is good too. Speed, power... car is so soft and smooth on a highway. Yesterday I had to carry 6 feet post from Home Depot. I folded back seat on a right side, put a tarp alone a trunk and on top of a seat and a trunk ate that post like nothing with some length left to spare.

Suggested Improvements

Ford, if you read this, don't forget that kids are getting taller and not everyone can fit in toyota or honda. Keep making Taurus the size it is. Don't change the roof line on a back. You have a winner in Taurus 2013!