Great touring sedan...good value fun to drive.
By escape12 on
2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
2013 Taurus SEL FWD V6..NOT Flex Fuel Great sedan with combination of performance, cruising, comfort, convenience. Good Features, good value. I stumbled on to the new generation of Taurus in 2010 as a rental and rented a 2011 and two previous 2013 rentals prior to this purchase...(Thanks Alamo) Got a good trade in deal for my 12 Escape with low mileage and old body style. Taurus is fun to drive, easy to use, lot os good safety/technology and visual improvements over my previous 1993 Taurus and light years improvement over all earlier generations. Big shoes to fill being the flagship touring sedan to fill the void of the Crown Vic but in my humble opinion excellent first steps.
Favorite Features
SYNC, MFT, Dual digital displays Voice Activated Navigation, climate, phone, and audio. The "4 Corners" concept works well...although maybe the NAV and Radio would be better on the left side of the screen closer towards the driver. MFT had been chided in the press but this version is a great improvement over previous versions. Note for IPod/Itouch users. This model has DUAL USB and RCA inputs. I believe the Dual USB takes place of the AUX input...Model has SD slot that is the NAV module can be used for SD music if not used for NAV. I havent set it up yet but you can use photos for wall paper on the MFT screen. Trip computer gives MPG AND fuel used. Remote start can also set climate.
Suggested Improvements
Electric Parking brake.....Moving NAV and Audio to Left side of MFT screen.....Add Fuel door and Hood to the Door open warning menu.... Set a option for the left side (vehicle systems page) to be able to be moved to the MFT page in event of failure.