2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Great Looking Fullsize

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Review

Great Looking Fullsize
By cover86 on

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm really happy with my purchase of this car. I went with the mid-range SEL and opted for the leather option. Really happy with the car. I have the front drive with 18 inch wheels. It offers a smooth ride, but the wheels still look good, so it's a nice balance. The engine takes a little getting used to as it doesn't feel very torquy in the mid range. This is easily solved with a dose of throttle, a the engine can rev pretty high. The interior is great and I've gotten a lot of compliments from occupants who've said "this is a Taurus?" I'm probably the only 25 year old who bought a Taurus, but am really happy with it. Great bang for buck and it really stands out on the road.

The leather seats are bolstered and supportive. I'm 5'11 and fit comfortablly and the seats and wheel were fully adjustable. I read people find it cramped. If this is the case you are either really tall or really fat. No insult meant of course. The SYNC system has a smaller screen with buttons and is intuitive. I actually preferred it over the touchscreen submenu confusion of MyFordTouch. Audio system could do with a bit more punch but you could opt up for that. The trunk is cavernous. Myself and 2 friends went camping for the weekend and fit everything (tents/gear/coolers/beer) in the trunk! Made the drive alot mor pleasant. Styling is also great! Very American, but not tacky.

Car is wide and tall. While this is fine for space (I like big cars). Can make parking a challenge. I have to get out the passenger door to fit in my parking space at work. Like I said, a punchier stereo would be great. Ford always seems to build stereos that are inadequate to handle heavy base. (Or maybe I'm the only Taurus driver who likes dubstep) The rear visibility is an issue, but the trunk isn't as long as it appears so parallel parking isn't really an issue.