2013 Ford Taurus 3.5L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Cruiser for the 21st Century

2013 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

Cruiser for the 21st Century
By sdegenn2 on

2013 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2013 Taurus improves on an already excellent fullsized sedan from Ford. When I drove the Focus, Fusion, and Taurus back to back, several key points became clearly evident: 1) The Taurus is the quietest and most refined of the three; 2) the Taurus has the most interior space and sits the highest, providing an excellent view of the road ahead; 3) the Taurus has the highest build quality and feels exceptionally premium; 4) the Taurus is the heaviest and least fun to drive of the three; 5) the Taurus has the most limited visibility of the three. With this in mind, I recommend the Taurus only if the driver finds the visibility acceptable in parking and driving maneuvers, as I did.

Favorite Features

The build quality and interior design stand out first and foremost. The car has simply the most elegant Ford interior I've ever seen, especially on my Limited. I also really like MyFordTouch, but I appreciate new technology and am willing to accept the challenges it brings. Those wishing for an easy car-to-car transition should stick with SEL/SE trims, as they provide a more traditional user interface. The customizable, clear, and colorful screens on either side of the speedometer really help elevate the feel of this car. Also, the color scheme on the dune leather interior is much less confining and more visually appealing than for the charcoal interior.

Suggested Improvements

Visibility is poor, especially when backing up...so a lower belt line and thinner pillars would be appreciated. Also, a quicker steering rack would be appreciated. Finally, it might be smarter to use touch buttons on the Sony interface instead of heat-sensitive buttons...the smooth interface is a little distracting while driving. Ford does provide other ways to accomplish the same task while underway, however (excellent voice commands, etc).