2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Bad luck from the get go

2013 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

Bad luck from the get go
By beaufighter on

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the 2013 Taurus SEL with 18,000 km and love everything about this car especially the interior styling and the super great ride. I sure scared my neighbor when I punched it on the highway; the front end lifted and slightly twisted to one side, he sank in his seat trying to crab onto something. This big girl really moves. I find the ride and handling incredible for this class of vehicle. The only thing that surprised me a little is that backing up requires a little more attention due to increased blind spots but it's just a matter of getting acquainted with your vehicle. Personally, I just love driving this car too much to let that bother me.

The dash and center console configuration with the brushed aluminum panels just look incredible. It really does feel like you're in the cockpit of an aircraft of something like that. I could describe all types of neat features but you have to sit in one to appreciate the quality build of this car. I've looked at cars for almost a year before buying this one but there really was nothing out there that appealed to me more than the 2013 Taurus. I picked white paint and black leather interior like my 1975 Trans Am. No regrets there!

So Ok, I only drove the car 44 km and coming out of Costco there was a pool of antifreeze running from under the car; that kind of put a chink in my high. The driver roadside assistance was great and the dealer called me back to inform me that the heater core blew out. I've never had this problem on any of my old cars. I'm thinking it's only a factory defect but I can't wait to get behind the wheel of this baby next week.