Used 2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

A Great Value after Discounts
By cpurick

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus wasn't on my list, but I gave it a test drive while shopping for a quiet, smooth car. At the time, I was considering the new Fusion. I'd driven the Taurus in 2010, and I was quite surprised by how much nicer it has gotten. Ford refreshed the design in 2013, and paid close attention to NVH concerns. Because the front seats are a little confining for a car this size, they even added softer surfaces around the driver. I would never pay sticker for any car, but the Taurus is a value with $7000 in manufacturer and dealer discounts. Be careful which tires you get. I found that the optional 20" tires really hurt ride quality. The 18s and 19s produce a posh ride, though.

I for one like the MyFord Touch system. It's very functional even if it does take some getting used to. By far, my favorite feature is the smooth and quiet ride. The Taurus Limited is very close to being a luxury car. The 3.5L V6 moves the car with authority, and cannot be heard unless you put your foot to it.

Definitely the biggest negative of the Taurus is the confining front seat space. It's not tiny, but it's a lot smaller than you'd expect in a full-size sedan. The console is big and high, and the wheel wells intrude into the front seat floorboards, leaving below average room for driver and right-seater. Fortunately I am quite cozy in mine. But if you like feeling roomy you'll have to ride in the back. Or maybe in the massive trunk.

Love It!!
By wschoeb

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read good and bad reviews on here. First, to clear things up, I am 5'4" and my husband is 6'6". We both fit into the vehicle just fine, he prefers to be in his truck, but said that in any car, this one still gives him head room. The styling inside and out is what drew us to this car, Ford needed to step it up on their vehicles other than their trucks and Mustangs. The sync, my touch, and my key has not given us any problems so far, (23,000 miles) They all take getting used to, but ford has very good videos on how to use them if you are unsure. It has plenty of back seat room for two teens, and if you need more room, you should upgrade to a limo.

The interior has gotten rave reviews from anyone that has ridden in this car. The trunk is huge, with the fold down seats you are able to haul something quite lengthy. The lighting inside and out is very striking... you always want to turn around and look at the car when you walk away at night. The kids love the ambient lighting inside. This car has more than enough passing power for those of you that want to get it over with!!! Remember when shopping... if you want a sports car, buy a sports car. If you want a very nice looking ride with plenty of room, this is the one. Last comment, remember, its front wheel drive, but large rims will not fight the snow as well as normal ones

The seals around the doors are tight when driving, but have a weird build up . The seals should go closer to the edge of the doors.

Big Disappointment
By simba13

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new 2013 Ford Taurus Limited that had all the bells and whistles at over $40K. I wanted a large sedan and thought the new Taurus would suffice my needs. I know I jumped the gun on my purchase with this Taurus. When I test drove the Taurus is was on smooth roads in the day. The Taurus had a horrid, buckboard ride on uneven pavement, the seats Ford uses now are simply horrible, the Taurus' halogen headlights are the worst in the industry! I also found the interior to be small for such a big car. It had a roomy truck though. The center console is ridiculous and the ergonomics are pretty terrible. Car has squeaks and rattles and the headliner is bubbling. Car is now for sale.

Roomy trunk

Headlamp design needs a complete redesign. The projector, single lamp, halogen headlamps are dreadful! Very poor light output, yet glaring to on coming traffic! The optics are inferior. Cheap design bar none. An overly stiff and bouncy ride is uncalled for in a car of this class. Better interior insulation is needed and interior materials are not class leading by a long shot. Headliner material is cheap and delaminates from the fiberboard header. A complete redesign of the interior needs to be implemented to trim down the ridiculously bulky console. Visibility needs improving especially out the rear window. Steering is over boosted and feels disconnected.

Great family car
By tst41974

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride is smooth and very little road noise. Kids have plenty of room in the back. No complaints with front seat room either. I do not think it is confining. Have had no trouble with Sync and love that I can talk on the phone without having to take both hands off the wheel. Only downside is it does not have much get up and go. Does not break very well either on snowy/icy roads. So far I am very happy with this car.

sporty exterior and Sync

a little more power

Awesome car - except
By atldriver1

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have been very pleased with this vehicle except for 2 items: The projector low beam headlight is designed so that it is very difficult to see at night. (Appears Ford attempted to design a way to not blind oncoming drivers...their design limits the drivers vision as if the top 1/2 of the beam had been cut off.) Secondly, when you roll down the back windows, one or both, there is a VERY loud wind vibration noise. The result is that you MUST also roll down one of the front windows or roll the back windows up. The sound is intolerable otherwise. Otherwise, I love the car.