Used 2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Purchase the extended warranty!!
By shosho62

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had tons of problems with ours, not regular wear and tear. I'm in the service dept monthly. Seat AC motor, seat tracks replaced (I'm not heavy), trunk struts!?!?, on and on. Drivers door handle just broke, not covered on warranty. We would be broke if not for the ESP, scared to see what happens when the warranty runs out. This is Not a quality vehicle.

Looks great, fun to drive.

Quality would be nice.

2013 Ford Traurus Limited
By fnevans98

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 82 years young, and have owned a lot of vehicles, and I can say that my 2013 Ford taurus Limited is the best vehicle I ever owned.

Great car
By nickr1948

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a convert from Honda, this is a good product. Lots of room and gas mileage is good at 31. uses less fuel when AC is off.

Navigation sound system and power. Quiet ride.

should have automatic updates on software

The ONLY car on a market for tall family
By 49north

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Superb car! We were on a mission to find a car where our two boys can comfortably fit on a back seat. The problem is - our oldest son is 6'5". After trying literally every full size we finally found the one. I see comments about confining front seats. Not true at all. I love front seats set up. I am 6'2" 220 lbs and have surprisingly lots of room in a driver seat.

Car sits high on a road. Very fast (I am not talking about sports cars). It is also long and wide. But doesn't look like a boat. Turnaround radius is surprisingly small. It is also very quiet. Great suspension. You can say the car is heavy, and I love it. Lots of steel to protect people inside.

First and foremost - seats. The best seats ever! I love the seats. Second - value. You have a lot of luxury for a regular price. Leather seats (you can cool them down or heat them up). Back up censors are great. Position of cup holders is good too. Speed, power... car is so soft and smooth on a highway. Yesterday I had to carry 6 feet post from Home Depot. I folded back seat on a right side, put a tarp alone a trunk and on top of a seat and a trunk ate that post like nothing with some length left to spare.

Ford, if you read this, don't forget that kids are getting taller and not everyone can fit in toyota or honda. Keep making Taurus the size it is. Don't change the roof line on a back. You have a winner in Taurus 2013!

A Great Value after Discounts
By cpurick

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus wasn't on my list, but I gave it a test drive while shopping for a quiet, smooth car. At the time, I was considering the new Fusion.

I'd driven the Taurus in 2010, and I was quite surprised by how much nicer it has gotten.
Ford refreshed the design in 2013, and paid close attention to NVH concerns. Because the front seats are a little confining for a car this size, they even added softer surfaces around the driver.

I would never pay sticker for any car, but the Taurus is a value with $7000 in manufacturer and dealer discounts.

Be careful which tires you get. I found that the optional 20" tires really hurt ride quality.
The 18s and 19s produce a posh ride, though.

I for one like the MyFord Touch system. It's very functional even if it does take some getting used to. By far, my favorite feature is the smooth and quiet ride. The Taurus Limited is very close to being a luxury car. The 3.5L V6 moves the car with authority, and cannot be heard unless you put your foot to it.

Definitely the biggest negative of the Taurus is the confining front seat space. It's not tiny, but it's a lot smaller than you'd expect in a full-size sedan. The console is big and high, and the wheel wells intrude into the front seat floorboards, leaving below average room for driver and right-seater. Fortunately I am quite cozy in mine. But if you like feeling roomy you'll have to ride in the back. Or maybe in the massive trunk.