2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
An Excellent Car But a Little Tight Inside
By paktype on 08/23/13 09:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I acquired a new 2013 Taurus SEL in mid-June to replace the 2010 Dodge Charger SE I had previously. The Taurus is a superior car in every way. The 288-hp V6 engine is smooth and powerful, the car rides beautifully, handling is excellent for a larger car like this and the SEL model is loaded with features. My only beef is that the interior, at least for the driver, is even more confining than the Charger's was. The steep angle of the windshield makes it difficult to see traffic signals (like in the Charger) and the wide center console takes away hip and leg room (unlike the Charger). The Ford Sync and MyTouch systems are also a little cranky and need patience to learn and use.

Bad luck from the get go
By beaufighter on 07/28/13 06:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the 2013 Taurus SEL with 18,000 km and love everything about this car especially the interior styling and the super great ride. I sure scared my neighbor when I punched it on the highway; the front end lifted and slightly twisted to one side, he sank in his seat trying to crab onto something. This big girl really moves. I find the ride and handling incredible for this class of vehicle. The only thing that surprised me a little is that backing up requires a little more attention due to increased blind spots but it's just a matter of getting acquainted with your vehicle. Personally, I just love driving this car too much to let that bother me.

Third Ford in under two years 2nd Taurus
By escape12 on 07/09/13 19:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle, had a SEL 201A NAV for about 7 months. Traded for another 2013 SEL this time with 202A NAV/Moonroof/Leather/Spoiler during a end of June Sale. Total fluke that this new one was the same color as the 201A but price was price and I probably would have jumped on that markdown whatever the color was. V6 is plenty powerful in the mountains, and PA turnpike. Leather is soft, and supple and heated for winter. Girlfriend has back problems and she occasionally uses the heated seats as a heating pad. High trunk line, I highly recommend the 202A package with back up camera...other parts of the package make it worth it such as keyless start/adjustable pedals/ambient lighting/ SYNC

Used Taurus Limited
By bigbaby on 07/01/13 13:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful full size car. Very quiet. Very smooth. Very comfortable. Love to drive it. Quick. Tranny is like silk. Getting 24mpg in mix of driving. At 60 MPH the tach is at only 1500. Lots of features. AC seats in North Texas are a blessing. Bought used with only 16,000 miles for a bargain price, what some other used 2011s with more miles were going for.

36 Miles and dropping calls
By bunt7222 on 06/29/13 17:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 1 day and 36 miles we have experienced 5 dropped calls in this period of time.4 Local calls 1 out of state. We've read about this re-ocurring problem with others and will be all over our dealership for it. I have purposely purchased an American Made auto to be a good citizen and strngthen our economy......now we'll see if the American Auto industry is truly out of the dark ages of poor quality. Will keep posting until issues are fixed.

Totally Unexpected!
By shalabylaw on 06/07/13 21:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I would never have even thought to look at a Taurus. I HATED them!...That is based on my recollection of those older junk ones of yester-year. Nevertheless, my other two cars broke down, and I rented one for six weeks. I was totally surprised. I loved it! Then Hertz took away my Taurus, and I immediately felt the loss. I had no choice but to go straight to the dealer down the street and buy one. I got mine 3/13, and what a dream of a car! Already have 8,000 miles on it. It's just like the top reviews say. It's super quiet, super comfortable, has the best interior dash and seat design I've seen in years, and gets AMAZING gas mileage. I drove round-trip Berkeley to Big Sur, 31 MPG!!

Outstanding Vehicle
By bdegrand on 05/05/13 06:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2013 Ford Taurus Limited for over a year. I am totally satisfied owning and driving this outstanding vehicle. I love the wide track stance (3 inches wider front and back than the Buick Lacrosse and Impala). The car is so quiet yet Motor Trend has a 0-60MPH in 6.6 seconds! It's fast and its not a SHO! Ford has a winner in the Taurus . My daughter has a 2010 Taurus and loves it. My neighbor also bought a 2012 and raves about it. I am keeping this beauty for a long time. The ride, comfort and reliability from Ford on this car is outstanding. Made in Chicago by an AMERICAN COMPANY!

had it since january and i think the dealer has had it more than me!!
By loewenhagen on 04/06/13 20:42 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like the car in general, but as far as quality its junk!! This thing has been in the shop on and off since day one, it has vibrations in the drive terrain, clunks in the seat, and squealing under the hood , and the my touch, sync stuff is total junk! phone disconnects and screens do screwed up stuff all the time.. I have heard ford is having alot of problems with the sync and my touch system. Now my car is going in on wed to be completly gutted on the interior, to try and find this clunk they are unable to fix, just what i want is a brand new car that has been all tore apart!! And they wont willingly take it back, but very soon there will be a lawyer involved!!!!

Ford Taurus SEL Ecoboost I4 2013
By biggestcat on 02/18/13 20:17 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had to order my Taurus with I4 Ecoboost, it was not available anywhere in my area. If you are looking for V6 then think again. Yes, with V6 it will be a little bit quicker. But I4 Ecoboost engine is very responsive with practically zero hesitation at any speed. My previous Taurus V6 2011 was not quicker and it wanted to think sometimes before acceleration. Not anymore. City driving with I4 Ecoboost and my heavy foot: 22.5 MPG after 2,000 miles total. I hope it should be even better. Highway: 32-36 MPG at 55-60 MPH but 26-29 MPG at 75 MPH. Electric steering wheel is just right: not too heavy and not too light. Very useful large mirrors.

Cruiser for the 21st Century
By sdegenn2 on 01/24/13 06:29 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2013 Taurus improves on an already excellent fullsized sedan from Ford. When I drove the Focus, Fusion, and Taurus back to back, several key points became clearly evident: 1) The Taurus is the quietest and most refined of the three; 2) the Taurus has the most interior space and sits the highest, providing an excellent view of the road ahead; 3) the Taurus has the highest build quality and feels exceptionally premium; 4) the Taurus is the heaviest and least fun to drive of the three; 5) the Taurus has the most limited visibility of the three. With this in mind, I recommend the Taurus only if the driver finds the visibility acceptable in parking and driving maneuvers, as I did.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$136 per month*