Used 2013 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

SHO 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

First Ford...
By gbriank

2013 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Never owned a Ford product before.. and the SHO was an excellent first car. I'm ever impressed by the refined engine and AWD system. It provides effortless power all the time. This is a HUGE car and drives like it. In a straight line, no problem...but when you push it in the corners or try to make extreme corrections, the car LOUDLY complains. Build quality is lacking in a few spots (center console, a few attached body pieces that have come loose), but overall has been very good. Discounts abounded when I leased my SHO, along with 0% interest, made getting this car no-brainer.

Favorite Features

Engine and AWD system

Suggested Improvements

Ford needs to reduce the number of interior dashboard parts, simplify MyFord Touch and put the car on a weight loss program.

SHO me the money
By ford_prefect1

2013 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my 2014 SHO for 3 months now and it brings a smile to my face every time I get in it. I have owned more expensive cars but at a little over $47,000, this car is by far the best value for money that you can buy. The performance is staggering and the level of equipment is second to none. Finished in Sterling Gray with 20" wheels, it is nothing short of a work of art. It would be more at home in a frame, hanging on the wall in the Louvre next to the Mona Lisa! Seriously folks, if you're thinking about getting one, stop thinking and do it. You'll be glad you did. Your Wife, Girlfriend, significant other will be eternally grateful.

Favorite Features

0-60 = 5.0 seconds

Suggested Improvements

None

Awesome driving car
By lshn629

2013 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had all kinds of BMW's, high performance muscle cars, and this car far and away is the nicest of the bunch! Performance is incredible for as big and heavy a vehicle as it is. Both on the low end and at highway speeds the competition does not come close. Compared to a Lexus 460 this car blows it away! Size wise it's got as much space in the interior as that car has and is every bit as comfortable. Electronics and features are far and away better then the Lexus's.

Favorite Features

MySync is great. Seating and cabin are extremely comfortable. Controls are well thought out and operate smoothly.

Suggested Improvements

Setting buttons are steering wheel that need to be toggled up or down are not raised enough for easy operation. Entry keypad does not function well. No way to tell if the button clicks or doesn't click.

Best car I've owned
By kotch80

2013 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have 30k on my SHO so far and it's been great. I had to take it in once for a TSB relating to a front axle noise and a loose B pillar panel but other than that it's been problem free. I'm kind of shocked at the low ratings Edmunds gave the SHO.

Favorite Features

I love the engine. It gets decent milage when I drive at normal speeds and is a lot of fun to open up on country roads. The cabin looks great and the radiator grill is a subtle change that gives it a nicer look from the front than a standard Taurus. The A/C in the front seats works great and the heated seats and steering wheel heat up fast in the winter.

Suggested Improvements

The drivers door B pillar panel (where the keypad is) came loose and the center console covering trim is easy to scratch. A throatier exhaust note would be nice Also, like other posters have said the my touch system still needs tweaking and is a bit slow to use. The car could use a 2-4k price drop.

2013 Ford SHO Owned 9 Months 20K Miles
By nogluten

2013 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The car is great, it has great power its fun to drive for such a large car. The power it has is just amazing pulling away from a dead stop and watching traffic disappear behind you is just fun. The stability is just wonderful on the road. Great sales car. The My Ford Touch is a nightmare, navigation, Phone connection works sometimes (iPhone 4) the phone is not the problem I have heard every excuse from the dealer, software always, bluetooth audio sometimes works, screen blacking out. It goes to the dealer one more time tomorrow, this distraction is going to cause an accident, next step is the state attorney general. I have had it.

Favorite Features

The ride, AWD in the winter (put winter tires on it if your running it in the winter), the quiet in the cabin, the seats, the review camera (when it works), the auto wipers, the auto high beams, the power of the car is just amazing even more power than the Taurus police state interceptor, just remember you can't out run the radio. So don't try and watch your speed this car can get away from you.

Suggested Improvements

Ford please get the My Ford Touch fixed before someone gets in an accident and gets killed, please. Please look into the key FOB & remote starter on this model as mine comes and goes. Works about %40 of the time.