Used 2013 Ford Taurus SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Good looking great value
By Bill

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car feels solid when I drive it. I like the driver position. It feels more like a sport sedan than a land barge. I'm 6 ft 220 and fit perfectly.long trips are a pleasure with no fatigue. I feel safe in this car and it's stylish in all black. a lot of features for the money. Fuel economy is good. I like the my ford touch system. Traded my 8 year old f150 which was fantastic and this was the only vehicle that made me even think about trading for.I'm very pleased

In the Competitions' Rear View
By Patrick

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2013 SEL with 26,000 miles. I now have 67,000 miles. The car has been very reliable. Overall, it's fairly comfortable, but fatigue sets in on long drives. Ford did an excellent job of reducing wind noise. Sadly they did a poor job of reducing road noise. I test drove it on new pavement and it was smooth and quiet. However, the ride becomes harsh on anything less that smooth surfaces. Expansion joints, road cracks, bumps all produce a deep pitched clunking sound and you really feel every imperfection. My previous Avalon and Azera both absorbed bumps with barely a notice or sound.

Other drawbacks are so obvious they are painful. The console cup holder is not wide enough for two medium sized coffee cups - the lids overlap. One coffee has to be lifted before the other can be picked up. I guess auto engineers don't actually use the components they design.

A more serious drawback has me considering trading it in after less than two years - the sound system. It is the WORST sounding stereo system I have had in car since the 1980's. The absurd center channel speaker in the dash board is a little 2" wide range that sounds like a tin can and sounds like it came out of my old transistor radio. Not to mention that it also destroys the channel separation (stereo effect.) The high frequency tweeters mounted in the front windshield columns emit hideous harmonic distortions that are painfully ear splitting even at low volumes. I cannot turn up the volume even a little without experiencing pain when certain notes are hit - literally. A car priced at $30,000 and up should have at least a minimally good quality sound system, but not this Taurus.

On the plus side, the exterior design is fairly sporty, and the interior is mostly comfortable. The engine is strong and smooth and I can close to 31 mpg even at 75 mph. The trunk is huge, although the console storage space is not so generous. The cover on the forward console storage compartment is made of hard plastic and it rattles quite a bit. The car is a very mixed bag, but I would not buy another one. Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Genesis or Azera, Kia Cadenza, Chrysler 300, and the newly redesigned Chevrolet Impala are all better alternatives.

Awesome car - except
By atldriver1

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have been very pleased with this vehicle except for 2 items: The projector low beam headlight is designed so that it is very difficult to see at night.
(Appears Ford attempted to design a way to not blind oncoming drivers...their design limits the drivers vision as if the top 1/2 of the beam had been cut off.)
Secondly, when you roll down the back windows, one or both, there is a VERY loud wind vibration noise.
The result is that you MUST also roll down one of the front windows or roll the back windows up.
The sound is intolerable otherwise.
Otherwise, I love the car.