Used 2013 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best reliability of any modern car
By Daniel

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My taurus is nearing the 60k miles mark and it still drive like new maybe a little better since it has loosen up a little.. i am the definition of a car abuser.. my taurus is floored 10 -15 times a day basically always have my lead foot all the way down.. i drive regularly at over 90.. i turn hard on every corner but man those 255/19 tire have a nice grip... downside is tire are expensive ive spent 2100 in tires in 2 years that goes to show how much i abuse this car... ive never had a single breakdown i just put gas and change the oil... this car is amazing.. might trade it for a taurus sho. Also the interior is a spaceship and if you have ambient lighting you are in for a treat.. im 23 and this is not a grandpas taurus anymore.

Worst vehincle purchase I've ever made
By Erick

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car looks good and has power but the fuel pump and water pump both went out before 70K. Fuel pump repair was $500 and water pump repair is $1,500 +. Water pump part is only $200 but it's inside behind the timing chain and chain has to be removed in order to work on fuel pump? The absolutely most ridiculous set up. My car is a 2013 and it's May 2016 and I've had to put too much money into this car. Sad car for Ford, people told me not to buy it. Wish I would have listened.

Perfect Car for Me
By LouA

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had a BUNCH of cars - a little fickle. Most of them have been Fords, not because I don't like other cars, but because I usually find that I get more for my money through Ford. In the Ford family, I've had two Explorers (probably my favorite automobile of all I've owned), a Thunderbird (old style), a Fusion, a Mustang and a Focus. My husband has a Bronco and is on his second Expedition. All good cars. My preference is to drive an SUV. When gas prices went up, I scaled down, but found that a smaller car didn't suit me, especially when I had to put a car seat in the back for my granddaughter. I purchased the Taurus used with about 24K miles on it. I've had it for a year and a half, and I have 62K mile on it. I have a very long commute to work, so I like to be comfortable. The toys aren't bad either. The Taurus is perfect for all that - it gets good gas mileage, plenty of space and a trunk that will hold a couple of bodies. Love the way it handles. I have a rear camera on mine, and I have to say that I would really struggle backing up without it. The ONLY one tiny thing that I don't like (and it is a very small issue) is the directional stick. It's got variable options so you can blink the directional only once, three times or full on. I find that whenever I want to turn the signal full on, I guess because you have to push it a little harder, I frequently end up flashing the person in front of me. I have to really concentrate on making sure I don't pull forward on it with my finger when I'm putting the direction on. Stupid, I know. Other than that, not one complaint. If I end up buying another sedan when I'm ready to trade, I would get another Taurus. Perfect car for me!

2013 Ford Taurus Limited
By Dan

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this 2013 limited used in 2014 and have owned it about one year. Nicest car I've ever owned. It looks nice, drives well, is quiet and very comfortable, has a huge trunk which is great for family vacations. I haven't had any problems with it. I average about about 24 to 25 MPG which I think is good for a car this size. Things that could be better are rear seat leg room, rear window visibility when backing up, speaker sound for the entertainment system. I changed the speakers to get the sound up to my standards. When backing up I do use the back up camera a lot so I think on this car it's important to get this option. On balance I love the car and recommend it highly.

Update: It's now January 2016 and I am still very happy with this car. I've had no problems with it. It now has close to 40K miles.
Update : Its now July 2016. I now have almost 50K. I've changed the rear brakes. Still loving my car.

2013 Ford Traurus Limited
By fnevans98

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 82 years young, and have owned a lot of vehicles, and I can say that my 2013 Ford taurus Limited is the best vehicle I ever owned.