Used 2013 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Perfect Car for Me
By LouA

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had a BUNCH of cars - a little fickle. Most of them have been Fords, not because I don't like other cars, but because I usually find that I get more for my money through Ford. In the Ford family, I've had two Explorers (probably my favorite automobile of all I've owned), a Thunderbird (old style), a Fusion, a Mustang and a Focus. My husband has a Bronco and is on his second Expedition. All good cars. My preference is to drive an SUV. When gas prices went up, I scaled down, but found that a smaller car didn't suit me, especially when I had to put a car seat in the back for my granddaughter. I purchased the Taurus used with about 24K miles on it. I've had it for a year and a half, and I have 62K mile on it. I have a very long commute to work, so I like to be comfortable. The toys aren't bad either. The Taurus is perfect for all that - it gets good gas mileage, plenty of space and a trunk that will hold a couple of bodies. Love the way it handles. I have a rear camera on mine, and I have to say that I would really struggle backing up without it. The ONLY one tiny thing that I don't like (and it is a very small issue) is the directional stick. It's got variable options so you can blink the directional only once, three times or full on. I find that whenever I want to turn the signal full on, I guess because you have to push it a little harder, I frequently end up flashing the person in front of me. I have to really concentrate on making sure I don't pull forward on it with my finger when I'm putting the direction on. Stupid, I know. Other than that, not one complaint. If I end up buying another sedan when I'm ready to trade, I would get another Taurus. Perfect car for me!

2013 Ford Taurus
By Dan

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this 2013 limited used in 2014 and have owned it about one year. Nicest car I've ever owned. It looks nice, drives well, is quiet and very comfortable. I haven't had any problems with it. I average about about 24 to 25 MPG which I think is good for a car this size. Things that could be better are rear seat leg room, rear window visibility when backing up, speaker sound for the entertainment system. I changed the speakers to get the sound up to my standards. When backing up I do use the back up camera a lot so I think on this car it's important to get this option. On balance I love the car and recommend highly.

2013 Ford Traurus Limited
By fnevans98

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 82 years young, and have owned a lot of vehicles, and I can say that my 2013 Ford taurus Limited is the best vehicle I ever owned.

A Great Value after Discounts
By cpurick

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus wasn't on my list, but I gave it a test drive while shopping for a quiet, smooth car. At the time, I was considering the new Fusion. I'd driven the Taurus in 2010, and I was quite surprised by how much nicer it has gotten. Ford refreshed the design in 2013, and paid close attention to NVH concerns. Because the front seats are a little confining for a car this size, they even added softer surfaces around the driver. I would never pay sticker for any car, but the Taurus is a value with $7000 in manufacturer and dealer discounts. Be careful which tires you get. I found that the optional 20" tires really hurt ride quality. The 18s and 19s produce a posh ride, though.

I for one like the MyFord Touch system. It's very functional even if it does take some getting used to. By far, my favorite feature is the smooth and quiet ride. The Taurus Limited is very close to being a luxury car. The 3.5L V6 moves the car with authority, and cannot be heard unless you put your foot to it.

Definitely the biggest negative of the Taurus is the confining front seat space. It's not tiny, but it's a lot smaller than you'd expect in a full-size sedan. The console is big and high, and the wheel wells intrude into the front seat floorboards, leaving below average room for driver and right-seater. Fortunately I am quite cozy in mine. But if you like feeling roomy you'll have to ride in the back. Or maybe in the massive trunk.

Love It!!
By wschoeb

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read good and bad reviews on here. First, to clear things up, I am 5'4" and my husband is 6'6". We both fit into the vehicle just fine, he prefers to be in his truck, but said that in any car, this one still gives him head room. The styling inside and out is what drew us to this car, Ford needed to step it up on their vehicles other than their trucks and Mustangs. The sync, my touch, and my key has not given us any problems so far, (23,000 miles) They all take getting used to, but ford has very good videos on how to use them if you are unsure. It has plenty of back seat room for two teens, and if you need more room, you should upgrade to a limo.

The interior has gotten rave reviews from anyone that has ridden in this car. The trunk is huge, with the fold down seats you are able to haul something quite lengthy. The lighting inside and out is very striking... you always want to turn around and look at the car when you walk away at night. The kids love the ambient lighting inside. This car has more than enough passing power for those of you that want to get it over with!!! Remember when shopping... if you want a sports car, buy a sports car. If you want a very nice looking ride with plenty of room, this is the one. Last comment, remember, its front wheel drive, but large rims will not fight the snow as well as normal ones

The seals around the doors are tight when driving, but have a weird build up . The seals should go closer to the edge of the doors.