2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car
By nickr1948 on 06/07/14 06:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a convert from Honda, this is a good product. Lots of room and gas mileage is good at 31. uses less fuel when AC is off.

The ONLY car on a market for tall family
By 49north on 05/11/14 07:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Superb car! We were on a mission to find a car where our two boys can comfortably fit on a back seat. The problem is - our oldest son is 6'5". After trying literally every full size we finally found the one. I see comments about confining front seats. Not true at all. I love front seats set up. I am 6'2" 220 lbs and have surprisingly lots of room in a driver seat. Car sits high on a road. Very fast (I am not talking about sports cars). It is also long and wide. But doesn't look like a boat. Turnaround radius is surprisingly small. It is also very quiet. Great suspension. You can say the car is heavy, and I love it. Lots of steel to protect people inside.

Best Car Ever Owned
By walter1966 on 10/26/13 09:55 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was first introduced to the 2013 Taurus on a long drive from Detroit. This is the first time I've driven in a car that I didn't get back or leg pain in on a long drive. The seats wrapped me in comfort and I was able to adjust the seats to fit my 6 foot one inch frame. With this experience I went to test drive one at my local dealer and bought one off the lot. My wife and I love the comfort, looks, and fuel economy getting between 31-33 miles to the gallon on long trips. Our daughter lives in Chicago and we live in West Central Wisconsin so the gas economy is appreciated when we go to visit.

An Excellent Car But a Little Tight Inside
By paktype on 08/23/13 09:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I acquired a new 2013 Taurus SEL in mid-June to replace the 2010 Dodge Charger SE I had previously. The Taurus is a superior car in every way. The 288-hp V6 engine is smooth and powerful, the car rides beautifully, handling is excellent for a larger car like this and the SEL model is loaded with features. My only beef is that the interior, at least for the driver, is even more confining than the Charger's was. The steep angle of the windshield makes it difficult to see traffic signals (like in the Charger) and the wide center console takes away hip and leg room (unlike the Charger). The Ford Sync and MyTouch systems are also a little cranky and need patience to learn and use.

Bad luck from the get go
By beaufighter on 07/28/13 06:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the 2013 Taurus SEL with 18,000 km and love everything about this car especially the interior styling and the super great ride. I sure scared my neighbor when I punched it on the highway; the front end lifted and slightly twisted to one side, he sank in his seat trying to crab onto something. This big girl really moves. I find the ride and handling incredible for this class of vehicle. The only thing that surprised me a little is that backing up requires a little more attention due to increased blind spots but it's just a matter of getting acquainted with your vehicle. Personally, I just love driving this car too much to let that bother me.

Third Ford in under two years 2nd Taurus
By escape12 on 07/09/13 19:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle, had a SEL 201A NAV for about 7 months. Traded for another 2013 SEL this time with 202A NAV/Moonroof/Leather/Spoiler during a end of June Sale. Total fluke that this new one was the same color as the 201A but price was price and I probably would have jumped on that markdown whatever the color was. V6 is plenty powerful in the mountains, and PA turnpike. Leather is soft, and supple and heated for winter. Girlfriend has back problems and she occasionally uses the heated seats as a heating pad. High trunk line, I highly recommend the 202A package with back up camera...other parts of the package make it worth it such as keyless start/adjustable pedals/ambient lighting/ SYNC

Totally Unexpected!
By shalabylaw on 06/07/13 21:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I would never have even thought to look at a Taurus. I HATED them!...That is based on my recollection of those older junk ones of yester-year. Nevertheless, my other two cars broke down, and I rented one for six weeks. I was totally surprised. I loved it! Then Hertz took away my Taurus, and I immediately felt the loss. I had no choice but to go straight to the dealer down the street and buy one. I got mine 3/13, and what a dream of a car! Already have 8,000 miles on it. It's just like the top reviews say. It's super quiet, super comfortable, has the best interior dash and seat design I've seen in years, and gets AMAZING gas mileage. I drove round-trip Berkeley to Big Sur, 31 MPG!!

Ford Taurus SEL Ecoboost I4 2013
By biggestcat on 02/18/13 20:17 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had to order my Taurus with I4 Ecoboost, it was not available anywhere in my area. If you are looking for V6 then think again. Yes, with V6 it will be a little bit quicker. But I4 Ecoboost engine is very responsive with practically zero hesitation at any speed. My previous Taurus V6 2011 was not quicker and it wanted to think sometimes before acceleration. Not anymore. City driving with I4 Ecoboost and my heavy foot: 22.5 MPG after 2,000 miles total. I hope it should be even better. Highway: 32-36 MPG at 55-60 MPH but 26-29 MPG at 75 MPH. Electric steering wheel is just right: not too heavy and not too light. Very useful large mirrors.

Great touring sedan...good value fun to drive.
By escape12 on 12/07/12 06:08 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

2013 Taurus SEL FWD V6..NOT Flex Fuel Great sedan with combination of performance, cruising, comfort, convenience. Good Features, good value. I stumbled on to the new generation of Taurus in 2010 as a rental and rented a 2011 and two previous 2013 rentals prior to this purchase...(Thanks Alamo) Got a good trade in deal for my 12 Escape with low mileage and old body style. Taurus is fun to drive, easy to use, lot os good safety/technology and visual improvements over my previous 1993 Taurus and light years improvement over all earlier generations. Big shoes to fill being the flagship touring sedan to fill the void of the Crown Vic but in my humble opinion excellent first steps.

Highway driving
By jakeeb on 09/07/12 21:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Going down the road, the side and rear view mirrors do a great job of providing visibility. The embedded spot mirrors are a huge plus for highway driving. My only qualm with the audio system is the volume control lacked granularity. Volume setting number three was too soft, and number four was at times too loud. I did notice a few times, when coming off of highway speeds and pulling in town that the air conditioner stalls. The cabin gets a little warm and I usually had to turn down the climate control and maybe bump up the fan a bit to get things back to normal. Cruise in "coast mode", gave very peculiar behavior. Not only would try to speed up, but it also downshifted to accelerate,

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$131 per month*