Used 2013 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Purchase the extended warranty!!
By shosho62

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had tons of problems with ours, not regular wear and tear. I'm in the service dept monthly. Seat AC motor, seat tracks replaced (I'm not heavy), trunk struts!?!?, on and on. Drivers door handle just broke, not covered on warranty. We would be broke if not for the ESP, scared to see what happens when the warranty runs out. This is Not a quality vehicle.

Looks great, fun to drive.

Quality would be nice.

Great car
By nickr1948

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a convert from Honda, this is a good product. Lots of room and gas mileage is good at 31. uses less fuel when AC is off.

Navigation sound system and power. Quiet ride.

should have automatic updates on software

The ONLY car on a market for tall family
By 49north

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Superb car! We were on a mission to find a car where our two boys can comfortably fit on a back seat. The problem is - our oldest son is 6'5". After trying literally every full size we finally found the one. I see comments about confining front seats. Not true at all. I love front seats set up. I am 6'2" 220 lbs and have surprisingly lots of room in a driver seat. Car sits high on a road. Very fast (I am not talking about sports cars). It is also long and wide. But doesn't look like a boat. Turnaround radius is surprisingly small. It is also very quiet. Great suspension. You can say the car is heavy, and I love it. Lots of steel to protect people inside.

First and foremost - seats. The best seats ever! I love the seats. Second - value. You have a lot of luxury for a regular price. Leather seats (you can cool them down or heat them up). Back up censors are great. Position of cup holders is good too. Speed, power... car is so soft and smooth on a highway. Yesterday I had to carry 6 feet post from Home Depot. I folded back seat on a right side, put a tarp alone a trunk and on top of a seat and a trunk ate that post like nothing with some length left to spare.

Ford, if you read this, don't forget that kids are getting taller and not everyone can fit in toyota or honda. Keep making Taurus the size it is. Don't change the roof line on a back. You have a winner in Taurus 2013!

Best Car Ever Owned
By walter1966

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was first introduced to the 2013 Taurus on a long drive from Detroit. This is the first time I've driven in a car that I didn't get back or leg pain in on a long drive. The seats wrapped me in comfort and I was able to adjust the seats to fit my 6 foot one inch frame. With this experience I went to test drive one at my local dealer and bought one off the lot. My wife and I love the comfort, looks, and fuel economy getting between 31-33 miles to the gallon on long trips. Our daughter lives in Chicago and we live in West Central Wisconsin so the gas economy is appreciated when we go to visit.

There are many features we love on the car but my favorite are the ride, the looks and the fuel efficiency. This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned in my 65 years. The interior features are attractive and easy to reach for driver and passenger. The style inside and out have been improved greatly from previous model years. From the outside I don't think I've seen a more attractive vehicle. The miles per gallon have been a big surprise getting between 31-33 on long trips and about 25-26 blend in and out of town. Love the trunk too. I think it's one of the biggest in the market and with the fold down feature of the back seats you can get almost anything you want to haul in it.

The only thing I can think of for improvements is the slope of the car from back to front seems to give my wife a little difficulty seeing while backing up.

An Excellent Car But a Little Tight Inside
By paktype

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I acquired a new 2013 Taurus SEL in mid-June to replace the 2010 Dodge Charger SE I had previously. The Taurus is a superior car in every way. The 288-hp V6 engine is smooth and powerful, the car rides beautifully, handling is excellent for a larger car like this and the SEL model is loaded with features. My only beef is that the interior, at least for the driver, is even more confining than the Charger's was. The steep angle of the windshield makes it difficult to see traffic signals (like in the Charger) and the wide center console takes away hip and leg room (unlike the Charger). The Ford Sync and MyTouch systems are also a little cranky and need patience to learn and use.

Engine power; ride; handling, features; trunk space

Narrow the center console; change the angle of the windshield