Used 2013 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Solid Sedan
By Matt

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Couldn't be happier! The car rides smoothly with very little outside noise and the cabin is big, comfortable, and reasonably well finished. The trunk is massive also! It is very attractive and surprisingly efficient and powerful. No problems passing and get 21 mpg city/30 mpg hwy but have gotten up to 39 MPG at one point. Handling isn't fun but is very secure and steers right where you want it to.

Purchase the extended warranty!!
By shosho62

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had tons of problems with ours, not regular wear and tear. I'm in the service dept monthly. Seat AC motor, seat tracks replaced (I'm not heavy), trunk struts!?!?, on and on. Drivers door handle just broke, not covered on warranty. We would be broke if not for the ESP, scared to see what happens when the warranty runs out. This is Not a quality vehicle.

Looks great, fun to drive.

Quality would be nice.

Great car
By nickr1948

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a convert from Honda, this is a good product. Lots of room and gas mileage is good at 31. uses less fuel when AC is off.

Navigation sound system and power. Quiet ride.

should have automatic updates on software

The ONLY car on a market for tall family
By 49north

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Superb car! We were on a mission to find a car where our two boys can comfortably fit on a back seat. The problem is - our oldest son is 6'5". After trying literally every full size we finally found the one. I see comments about confining front seats. Not true at all. I love front seats set up. I am 6'2" 220 lbs and have surprisingly lots of room in a driver seat.

Car sits high on a road. Very fast (I am not talking about sports cars). It is also long and wide. But doesn't look like a boat. Turnaround radius is surprisingly small. It is also very quiet. Great suspension. You can say the car is heavy, and I love it. Lots of steel to protect people inside.

First and foremost - seats. The best seats ever! I love the seats. Second - value. You have a lot of luxury for a regular price. Leather seats (you can cool them down or heat them up). Back up censors are great. Position of cup holders is good too. Speed, power... car is so soft and smooth on a highway. Yesterday I had to carry 6 feet post from Home Depot. I folded back seat on a right side, put a tarp alone a trunk and on top of a seat and a trunk ate that post like nothing with some length left to spare.

Ford, if you read this, don't forget that kids are getting taller and not everyone can fit in toyota or honda. Keep making Taurus the size it is. Don't change the roof line on a back. You have a winner in Taurus 2013!

Best Car Ever Owned
By walter1966

2013 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was first introduced to the 2013 Taurus on a long drive from Detroit.
This is the first time I've driven in a car that I didn't get back or leg pain in on a long drive.
The seats wrapped me in comfort and I was able to adjust the seats to fit my 6 foot one inch frame.
With this experience I went to test drive one at my local dealer and bought one off the lot.
My wife and I love the comfort, looks, and fuel economy getting between 31-33 miles to the gallon on long trips.
Our daughter lives in Chicago and we live in West Central Wisconsin so the gas economy is appreciated when we go to visit.

There are many features we love on the car but my favorite are the ride, the looks and the fuel efficiency. This is the most comfortable car I've ever owned in my 65 years. The interior features are attractive and easy to reach for driver and passenger. The style inside and out have been improved greatly from previous model years. From the outside I don't think I've seen a more attractive vehicle. The miles per gallon have been a big surprise getting between 31-33 on long trips and about 25-26 blend in and out of town. Love the trunk too. I think it's one of the biggest in the market and with the fold down feature of the back seats you can get almost anything you want to haul in it.

The only thing I can think of for improvements is the slope of the car from back to front seems to give my wife a little difficulty seeing while backing up.