Used 2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Solid Sedan
By Matt

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Couldn't be happier! The car rides smoothly with very little outside noise and the cabin is big, comfortable, and reasonably well finished. The trunk is massive also! It is very attractive and surprisingly efficient and powerful. No problems passing and get 21 mpg city/30 mpg hwy but have gotten up to 39 MPG at one point. Handling isn't fun but is very secure and steers right where you want it to.

Good looking great value
By Bill

2013 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car feels solid when I drive it. I like the driver position. It feels more like a sport sedan than a land barge. I'm 6 ft 220 and fit perfectly.long trips are a pleasure with no fatigue. I feel safe in this car and it's stylish in all black. a lot of features for the money. Fuel economy is good. I like the my ford touch system. Traded my 8 year old f150 which was fantastic and this was the only vehicle that made me even think about trading for.I'm very pleased

In the Competitions' Rear View
By Patrick

2013 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2013 SEL with 26,000 miles. I now have 67,000 miles. The car has been very reliable. Overall, it's fairly comfortable, but fatigue sets in on long drives. Ford did an excellent job of reducing wind noise. Sadly they did a poor job of reducing road noise. I test drove it on new pavement and it was smooth and quiet. However, the ride becomes harsh on anything less that smooth surfaces. Expansion joints, road cracks, bumps all produce a deep pitched clunking sound and you really feel every imperfection. My previous Avalon and Azera both absorbed bumps with barely a notice or sound.

Other drawbacks are so obvious they are painful. The console cup holder is not wide enough for two medium sized coffee cups - the lids overlap. One coffee has to be lifted before the other can be picked up. I guess auto engineers don't actually use the components they design.

A more serious drawback has me considering trading it in after less than two years - the sound system. It is the WORST sounding stereo system I have had in car since the 1980's. The absurd center channel speaker in the dash board is a little 2" wide range that sounds like a tin can and sounds like it came out of my old transistor radio. Not to mention that it also destroys the channel separation (stereo effect.) The high frequency tweeters mounted in the front windshield columns emit hideous harmonic distortions that are painfully ear splitting even at low volumes. I cannot turn up the volume even a little without experiencing pain when certain notes are hit - literally. A car priced at $30,000 and up should have at least a minimally good quality sound system, but not this Taurus.

On the plus side, the exterior design is fairly sporty, and the interior is mostly comfortable. The engine is strong and smooth and I can close to 31 mpg even at 75 mph. The trunk is huge, although the console storage space is not so generous. The cover on the forward console storage compartment is made of hard plastic and it rattles quite a bit. The car is a very mixed bag, but I would not buy another one. Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Genesis or Azera, Kia Cadenza, Chrysler 300, and the newly redesigned Chevrolet Impala are all better alternatives.

Perfect Car for Me
By LouA

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had a BUNCH of cars - a little fickle. Most of them have been Fords, not because I don't like other cars, but because I usually find that I get more for my money through Ford. In the Ford family, I've had two Explorers (probably my favorite automobile of all I've owned), a Thunderbird (old style), a Fusion, a Mustang and a Focus. My husband has a Bronco and is on his second Expedition. All good cars. My preference is to drive an SUV. When gas prices went up, I scaled down, but found that a smaller car didn't suit me, especially when I had to put a car seat in the back for my granddaughter. I purchased the Taurus used with about 24K miles on it. I've had it for a year and a half, and I have 62K mile on it. I have a very long commute to work, so I like to be comfortable. The toys aren't bad either. The Taurus is perfect for all that - it gets good gas mileage, plenty of space and a trunk that will hold a couple of bodies. Love the way it handles. I have a rear camera on mine, and I have to say that I would really struggle backing up without it. The ONLY one tiny thing that I don't like (and it is a very small issue) is the directional stick. It's got variable options so you can blink the directional only once, three times or full on. I find that whenever I want to turn the signal full on, I guess because you have to push it a little harder, I frequently end up flashing the person in front of me. I have to really concentrate on making sure I don't pull forward on it with my finger when I'm putting the direction on. Stupid, I know. Other than that, not one complaint. If I end up buying another sedan when I'm ready to trade, I would get another Taurus. Perfect car for me!

2013 Ford Taurus
By Dan

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this 2013 limited used in 2014 and have owned it about one year. Nicest car I've ever owned. It looks nice, drives well, is quiet and very comfortable. I haven't had any problems with it. I average about about 24 to 25 MPG which I think is good for a car this size. Things that could be better are rear seat leg room, rear window visibility when backing up, speaker sound for the entertainment system. I changed the speakers to get the sound up to my standards. When backing up I do use the back up camera a lot so I think on this car it's important to get this option. On balance I love the car and recommend it highly.

It's now January 2016 and I am still very happy with this car. I've had no problems with it. It now has close to 40K miles.