Used 2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Perfect Car for Me
By LouA

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had a BUNCH of cars - a little fickle. Most of them have been Fords, not because I don't like other cars, but because I usually find that I get more for my money through Ford. In the Ford family, I've had two Explorers (probably my favorite automobile of all I've owned), a Thunderbird (old style), a Fusion, a Mustang and a Focus. My husband has a Bronco and is on his second Expedition. All good cars. My preference is to drive an SUV. When gas prices went up, I scaled down, but found that a smaller car didn't suit me, especially when I had to put a car seat in the back for my granddaughter. I purchased the Taurus used with about 24K miles on it. I've had it for a year and a half, and I have 62K mile on it. I have a very long commute to work, so I like to be comfortable. The toys aren't bad either. The Taurus is perfect for all that - it gets good gas mileage, plenty of space and a trunk that will hold a couple of bodies. Love the way it handles. I have a rear camera on mine, and I have to say that I would really struggle backing up without it. The ONLY one tiny thing that I don't like (and it is a very small issue) is the directional stick. It's got variable options so you can blink the directional only once, three times or full on. I find that whenever I want to turn the signal full on, I guess because you have to push it a little harder, I frequently end up flashing the person in front of me. I have to really concentrate on making sure I don't pull forward on it with my finger when I'm putting the direction on. Stupid, I know. Other than that, not one complaint. If I end up buying another sedan when I'm ready to trade, I would get another Taurus. Perfect car for me!

2013 Ford Taurus
By Dan

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this 2013 limited used in 2014 and have owned it about one year. Nicest car I've ever owned. It looks nice, drives well, is quiet and very comfortable. I haven't had any problems with it. I average about about 24 to 25 MPG which I think is good for a car this size. Things that could be better are rear seat leg room, rear window visibility when backing up, speaker sound for the entertainment system. I changed the speakers to get the sound up to my standards. When backing up I do use the back up camera a lot so I think on this car it's important to get this option. On balance I love the car and recommend highly.

Purchase the extended warranty!!
By shosho62

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had tons of problems with ours, not regular wear and tear. I'm in the service dept monthly. Seat AC motor, seat tracks replaced (I'm not heavy), trunk struts!?!?, on and on. Drivers door handle just broke, not covered on warranty. We would be broke if not for the ESP, scared to see what happens when the warranty runs out. This is Not a quality vehicle.

Looks great, fun to drive.

Quality would be nice.

2013 Ford Traurus Limited
By fnevans98

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 82 years young, and have owned a lot of vehicles, and I can say that my 2013 Ford taurus Limited is the best vehicle I ever owned.

First Ford...
By gbriank

2013 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Never owned a Ford product before.. and the SHO was an excellent first car. I'm ever impressed by the refined engine and AWD system. It provides effortless power all the time. This is a HUGE car and drives like it. In a straight line, no problem...but when you push it in the corners or try to make extreme corrections, the car LOUDLY complains. Build quality is lacking in a few spots (center console, a few attached body pieces that have come loose), but overall has been very good. Discounts abounded when I leased my SHO, along with 0% interest, made getting this car no-brainer.

Engine and AWD system

Ford needs to reduce the number of interior dashboard parts, simplify MyFord Touch and put the car on a weight loss program.