2013 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car
By nickr1948 on 06/07/14 06:25 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am a convert from Honda, this is a good product. Lots of room and gas mileage is good at 31. uses less fuel when AC is off.

The ONLY car on a market for tall family
By 49north on 05/11/14 07:37 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Superb car! We were on a mission to find a car where our two boys can comfortably fit on a back seat. The problem is - our oldest son is 6'5". After trying literally every full size we finally found the one. I see comments about confining front seats. Not true at all. I love front seats set up. I am 6'2" 220 lbs and have surprisingly lots of room in a driver seat. Car sits high on a road. Very fast (I am not talking about sports cars). It is also long and wide. But doesn't look like a boat. Turnaround radius is surprisingly small. It is also very quiet. Great suspension. You can say the car is heavy, and I love it. Lots of steel to protect people inside.

SHO me the money
By ford_prefect1 on 04/24/14 09:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my 2014 SHO for 3 months now and it brings a smile to my face every time I get in it. I have owned more expensive cars but at a little over $47,000, this car is by far the best value for money that you can buy. The performance is staggering and the level of equipment is second to none. Finished in Sterling Gray with 20" wheels, it is nothing short of a work of art. It would be more at home in a frame, hanging on the wall in the Louvre next to the Mona Lisa! Seriously folks, if you're thinking about getting one, stop thinking and do it. You'll be glad you did. Your Wife, Girlfriend, significant other will be eternally grateful.

A Great Value after Discounts
By cpurick on 03/12/14 16:23 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus wasn't on my list, but I gave it a test drive while shopping for a quiet, smooth car. At the time, I was considering the new Fusion. I'd driven the Taurus in 2010, and I was quite surprised by how much nicer it has gotten. Ford refreshed the design in 2013, and paid close attention to NVH concerns. Because the front seats are a little confining for a car this size, they even added softer surfaces around the driver. I would never pay sticker for any car, but the Taurus is a value with $7000 in manufacturer and dealer discounts. Be careful which tires you get. I found that the optional 20" tires really hurt ride quality. The 18s and 19s produce a posh ride, though.

Love It!!
By wschoeb on 03/12/14 16:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have read good and bad reviews on here. First, to clear things up, I am 5'4" and my husband is 6'6". We both fit into the vehicle just fine, he prefers to be in his truck, but said that in any car, this one still gives him head room. The styling inside and out is what drew us to this car, Ford needed to step it up on their vehicles other than their trucks and Mustangs. The sync, my touch, and my key has not given us any problems so far, (23,000 miles) They all take getting used to, but ford has very good videos on how to use them if you are unsure. It has plenty of back seat room for two teens, and if you need more room, you should upgrade to a limo.

Big Disappointment
By simba13 on 02/17/14 21:20 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a new 2013 Ford Taurus Limited that had all the bells and whistles at over $40K. I wanted a large sedan and thought the new Taurus would suffice my needs. I know I jumped the gun on my purchase with this Taurus. When I test drove the Taurus is was on smooth roads in the day. The Taurus had a horrid, buckboard ride on uneven pavement, the seats Ford uses now are simply horrible, the Taurus' halogen headlights are the worst in the industry! I also found the interior to be small for such a big car. It had a roomy truck though. The center console is ridiculous and the ergonomics are pretty terrible. Car has squeaks and rattles and the headliner is bubbling. Car is now for sale.

Great family car
By tst41974 on 01/28/14 19:15 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The ride is smooth and very little road noise. Kids have plenty of room in the back. No complaints with front seat room either. I do not think it is confining. Have had no trouble with Sync and love that I can talk on the phone without having to take both hands off the wheel. Only downside is it does not have much get up and go. Does not break very well either on snowy/icy roads. So far I am very happy with this car.

Awesome car - except
By atldriver1 on 01/09/14 08:44 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have been very pleased with this vehicle except for 2 items: The projector low beam headlight is designed so that it is very difficult to see at night. (Appears Ford attempted to design a way to not blind oncoming drivers...their design limits the drivers vision as if the top 1/2 of the beam had been cut off.) Secondly, when you roll down the back windows, one or both, there is a VERY loud wind vibration noise. The result is that you MUST also roll down one of the front windows or roll the back windows up. The sound is intolerable otherwise. Otherwise, I love the car.

Worse Vehicle Ever
By tappleton on 01/02/14 08:20 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a new Taurus and from day one the sunroof had a lot of wind noise. Dealer said it was normal. First rain, and it leaked, dealer said they all leak a little. Finally put a new one in and it was fixed. Automatic door locking is nice but when a spring popped out and sprang across to the passenger seat, I know this was a trashy car. Terrible blind spots, NOISY as heck on the highway...sounded line the wheel bearings were bad or dry, MySync was AWFUL, and I could go on and on. So I traded it for a new Chrysler 300. Absolutely gorgeous, and not one complaint.

Awesome driving car
By lshn629 on 11/12/13 14:00 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had all kinds of BMW's, high performance muscle cars, and this car far and away is the nicest of the bunch! Performance is incredible for as big and heavy a vehicle as it is. Both on the low end and at highway speeds the competition does not come close. Compared to a Lexus 460 this car blows it away! Size wise it's got as much space in the interior as that car has and is every bit as comfortable. Electronics and features are far and away better then the Lexus's.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$158 per month*