Another disappoinment.
By beeryan78 on
2012 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have been a Ford man my whole life. However, the last 3 Fords I have owned have been severely problematic. The older Fords we have are excellent and have been a great value(00 Taurus, 02 F150), however, this new Taurus has been a disaster. First, the clearcoat is cracking and the paint on the trunk was poorly executed. Ford has offered to repaint, but I am afraid they will make it worse. Next, the interior materials could be better. I barely rubbed my finger on the faux wood and scratches galore! Ridiculous! Now, and apparently this is a know issue, the trunk(when closed), rubs on the bumper and the paint is rubbing away. Also tearing up the tailight. Unacceptable! My last Ford.
Favorite Features
Sync, color(Ginger Ale is beautiful), most of the styling, trunk space, gas mileage is fantastic(took it on a 6-7 hr road trip and still had a 1/4 tank!), tan interior(Ford has gotten away from many choices and it is a shame, glad the Taurus still has the option), interior design(mostly), Love the high roof.
Suggested Improvements
If you are going to use fake wood, at least make it durable. Unpainted plastic skirting is hideous. Paint it! Speaking of paint, learn how to paint a vehicle and teach your workers how to inspect. This is my second Ford since 2010 with a paint defect. Rattles..car is starting to already have them...unacceptable this day in age. Brakes...did anyone at Ford drive this vehicle before they released it? Brakes are too weak. And please get rid of the shiny black plastic on the b-illars. It scracthes waaay too easy and looks awful quickly.