2012 sho
By keybd29 on
2012 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
With about 6k on my sho I like this ride. However I do not love this ride. Steering is tight and communicates with the road. Steering ratio is fair with a slightly heavy feel. The build quality is always way up there with ford, I've had a bunch! The main caveat I offer is this sedan is simply too heavy. Too heavy for fun. It feels it when braking or turning. It's skid pad numbers are poor. It has good styling and the cabin is quiet. Stereo is good. Ford SYNC is a poor interface IMO. MPG for me is for me invariably 20-21. My '12 is basically a fleet land yacht. She doesn't much like turning nor braking and I have the performance package.
Favorite Features
Good throttle response. Great acceleration! Great build. Quiet. Great seats (comfort only).
Suggested Improvements
My unit is totally pimped out. That said even with the movable pedals the foot/leg position is a bit cramped and the throttle is not co-planar with the brake pedal, which is a safety issue. This sedan must radically lose weight--significant two-digit percentages! The chairs are comfortable but as usual with Ford they offer little firm support and notably so in turns. Even at .84g (lateral) these chairs are inadequate. Also that enormous trunk should be a plus but is, in fact, not. It has very few tie downs and zero compartments.