Used 2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Windows stick, really???
By fordguy20

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only had my Taurus since October 2011. Seemed to be a pretty good car and was looking forward to winter driving now that I have AWD. Only problem is that the first cold morning after I had the car outside all night, the windows were stuck and I couldn't get them open! Finally, one window in the rear opened, but the other three were still stuck. Is this a feature I glossed over and it's actually designed to keep the cold out??? Really Ford - what genius team of engineers is responsible for this flaw??? I can't wait to see what it takes to get this fixed. Also, the cup holders are so tiny I can't find a cup small enough for these crazy things, except maybe a dixie cup. Strike tw

Heated seats, AWD, Sony stereo, body style.

Windows that open in the winter and larger cup holders.

almost luxury , beware of goodyears
By kyle26

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have put 2,000 miles on this car and still don't know what to think. From the beginning the goodyear eagles 19" have been a joke, it took 10 tires to get 4 that would balance, huge disapointment however dealer was great and made it right. The ride seems to be quiet at times and real noisy at others, road, wind, tires?? i don't know. however the ride is soft the seats real comfy and all the amenities top notch which leaves me to wonder why the crappy tires. anywho a gtreat car to short lease but that maybe it, still its better tan a cadillac cts.

interior, backup camera

tires, tires, tires.

Still have quality issue...
By chad_sh

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car drive well when it's new. We had it about 5 months now. And some issues started to appear. raddled sound from inside the car leake gas when pumping gas. Dealer have no idea why. they are keeping the car for a day.

power and large room

put a lock on gas cap. fix the leak and loose sound. oh, now it's winter, heater has a strange smell.

Just picked up my new 2012 Taurus SE today!
By macmovieman

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got out of a 2010 Taurus with about 71,000 miles and into this 2012 and there is very little noticeable change. I even have it in the same color? The good news is there was little wrong with the 2010 model and I am hoping to have the same luck with this car. The position of the power outlets allow me to use the rear one for my inverter that powers my laptop, the one in the center console powers my iPhone so I can listen to my music, and the one up front powers my Zumo 660 GPS unit so I do not gt lost during the day. The car rides great, the music system sounds great, plenty of room in the trunk, and excellent power. I will be back in 2014 or 2015 if they continue to be this nice.

I love to use the aux link to my iPhone 4 where I use XM and music rather than pay for it on my car and be limited to only listening to it in my car. Huge truck where you can easily fit up 4 sets of golf clubs and gear. Pots of power adapters in the car.

I would love to have had SYNC standard on the full line including my SE.

Nice ride but interior need redesign
By chad_s

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car a month now. Price close to what we got from Edmunds. Overall the car rides good (especially long drive) but the front view is limited. My wife is 5'4" and she has a hard time seeing due to the dashboard being too high. Steering abit stiff for local driving with a lot of turn. Console is hard to understand. Too confusing. We seem to get slight better milage than report on highway.

Love the extra cup holders (6 in the front).

Better frontal view and simpify console. Outside looks great, but feel cheap when step in the car.

• SUV