Used 2012 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

My Limited saga continues
By jan56

2012 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all let me say that I love the car itself and were it problem free, I would love it that much more. I picked up my vehicle on March 17, 2012, as of 7/18 it is at the dealer for the 3rd time with the same problem and a new one. All the warning bells go off and I have no tachometer, no speedometer, no air, and all the warning lights are rotating and flashing, then the blind spot fault light and front end collision lights stay on. Replaced computer, fixed a lose connection, still happening. Now on 7/18 it also wouldn't start for a while. Not really sure how to gauge the value or the performance cause as of right now, been without it for a total of 4 weeks.Not a happy consumer.

Love the exterior styling and ambient lighting. Also love the cinnamon metallic color.

Front seat headrests create difficulty in looking out the rear side windows.

Transmission Issues
By skykid702

2012 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently got a 2012 SHO edition and it was a demo model with just over 5k on it. Once I got it on the road, it drove nice but a few days later, it started to act up with the transmission - When I would let it coast to a stop light, it downshifts really hard - to the point where I am lunged forward. When I do a soft accelerate, it shifts hard. I am not sure what to think any more about this car - I really wish I stuck with my gut and went with a Fusion or a Edge!

Windows stick, really???
By fordguy20

2012 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only had my Taurus since October 2011. Seemed to be a pretty good car and was looking forward to winter driving now that I have AWD. Only problem is that the first cold morning after I had the car outside all night, the windows were stuck and I couldn't get them open! Finally, one window in the rear opened, but the other three were still stuck. Is this a feature I glossed over and it's actually designed to keep the cold out??? Really Ford - what genius team of engineers is responsible for this flaw??? I can't wait to see what it takes to get this fixed. Also, the cup holders are so tiny I can't find a cup small enough for these crazy things, except maybe a dixie cup. Strike tw

Heated seats, AWD, Sony stereo, body style.

Windows that open in the winter and larger cup holders.

almost luxury , beware of goodyears
By kyle26

2012 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have put 2,000 miles on this car and still don't know what to think. From the beginning the goodyear eagles 19" have been a joke, it took 10 tires to get 4 that would balance, huge disapointment however dealer was great and made it right. The ride seems to be quiet at times and real noisy at others, road, wind, tires?? i don't know. however the ride is soft the seats real comfy and all the amenities top notch which leaves me to wonder why the crappy tires. anywho a gtreat car to short lease but that maybe it, still its better tan a cadillac cts.

interior, backup camera

tires, tires, tires.

Still have quality issue...
By chad_sh

2012 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car drive well when it's new. We had it about 5 months now. And some issues started to appear. raddled sound from inside the car leake gas when pumping gas. Dealer have no idea why. they are keeping the car for a day.

power and large room

put a lock on gas cap. fix the leak and loose sound. oh, now it's winter, heater has a strange smell.