Used 2012 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Taurus SHO - Consumer Reviews

SHO 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

2012 sho
By keybd29

2012 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

With about 6k on my sho I like this ride. However I do not love this ride. Steering is tight and communicates with the road. Steering ratio is fair with a slightly heavy feel. The build quality is always way up there with ford, I've had a bunch! The main caveat I offer is this sedan is simply too heavy. Too heavy for fun. It feels it when braking or turning. It's skid pad numbers are poor. It has good styling and the cabin is quiet. Stereo is good. Ford SYNC is a poor interface IMO. MPG for me is for me invariably 20-21. My '12 is basically a fleet land yacht. She doesn't much like turning nor braking and I have the performance package.

Good throttle response. Great acceleration! Great build. Quiet. Great seats (comfort only).

My unit is totally pimped out. That said even with the movable pedals the foot/leg position is a bit cramped and the throttle is not co-planar with the brake pedal, which is a safety issue. This sedan must radically lose weight--significant two-digit percentages! The chairs are comfortable but as usual with Ford they offer little firm support and notably so in turns. Even at .84g (lateral) these chairs are inadequate. Also that enormous trunk should be a plus but is, in fact, not. It has very few tie downs and zero compartments.

Transmission Issues
By skykid702

2012 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently got a 2012 SHO edition and it was a demo model with just over 5k on it. Once I got it on the road, it drove nice but a few days later, it started to act up with the transmission - When I would let it coast to a stop light, it downshifts really hard - to the point where I am lunged forward. When I do a soft accelerate, it shifts hard. I am not sure what to think any more about this car - I really wish I stuck with my gut and went with a Fusion or a Edge!

Amazing car
By famof3kids

2012 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Definitely a hidden gem. Rides great, good full size car, very reliable, great MPG. Amazing tech for the price, massaging seats, heated/cooled seats, rear heated seats, USB, ipod connectivity, active cruise control is cool, auto windshield wipers and headlights.

Quite ride, fast spooling turbos

More LED lights

2012 Tuxedo Black SHO
By jim920

2012 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The new SHO is a replacement vehicle for a '08 Lexus ES350. This car is a kick to drive. The car is lightning fast, with no turbo lag. The SHO is much more fun to drive than the Lexus ES series sedan. The steering is quicker and the car handles like a true sports sedan. I took delivery of the car three weeks ago and have logged 1700 miles on the odometer. The car averaged 27 MPG on a road trip from Denver to Albuquerque, NM. In town milage has been around 17 MPG.

The SHO has a very quiet cabin, quick acceleration and nimble steering. I love the built-in drivers seat and back massage function. The adaptive cruise control, blind spot information system and cross traffic radar warning features all work very well. The six speed transmission shifts flawlessly and works very well in the "manual" mode using the steering wheel mounted paddle shifters.

Add a second stalk for the wiper washer and turn signal control. There is too many features packed into the single stalk. It is too easy to activate the "flash to pass" headlight feature when activating the turn signal and wiper control. Soften the material on the inside door panel trim. The hard plastic on these panels looks cheap. Put a full size spare tire in the trunk. A $45K car warrants a full size spare.