Used 2012 Ford Taurus Limited Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Car so far
By snow1069

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this with 19k in November 12'. So far no issues. Get's decent fuel mileage on hwy avg 24.8 mpg. Like the size of the car and compared to several other models prior to purchase (toyota, lexus, maxima, bmw). Each has they're advantages, but just didn't feel the bang for the buck was equivilant. Really liked the bmw 5 series. Looks great on the outside, but kind of bland on the interior. Toyota was a little small. Lexus, I really liked, but can't bring myself to spend that type of money. Maxima was a good car, but was comparable to toyota.

Favorite Features

The radio is pretty good. The leather interior is nicely done. I also appreciate the heated and cooled seats. I feel the handling is good for a family car. It's not a sports car and wasn't expecting anything of such.

Suggested Improvements

Using the sync phone over the radio is a little quirky. You have to almost yell at times for the sync app to acknowledge command. As fuel rises, better fuel mileage (around 30mpg) would be more appreciated (currently isn't bad almost 25 mpg on 87 octane).

My Limited saga continues
By jan56

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all let me say that I love the car itself and were it problem free, I would love it that much more. I picked up my vehicle on March 17, 2012, as of 7/18 it is at the dealer for the 3rd time with the same problem and a new one. All the warning bells go off and I have no tachometer, no speedometer, no air, and all the warning lights are rotating and flashing, then the blind spot fault light and front end collision lights stay on. Replaced computer, fixed a lose connection, still happening. Now on 7/18 it also wouldn't start for a while. Not really sure how to gauge the value or the performance cause as of right now, been without it for a total of 4 weeks.Not a happy consumer.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior styling and ambient lighting. Also love the cinnamon metallic color.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat headrests create difficulty in looking out the rear side windows.

Great car with one exception
By indianaguy

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car is very comfortable and quiet. We live in a rural area and average 26 to 27 mph in every day driving and over 30 on the highway. We are surprised with both for such a large car. It is very comfortable with one major exception. The flat floor space on the passenger side is too small for an individual with larger feet. On a long trip it can become quite annoying. We have the limited and I believe that it is because of all the hardware needed to accommodate all the bells and whistles in the seat itself.

Favorite Features

Lots of leg room and excellent on long road trips.

Suggested Improvements

More floor space on front passanger side. The SYNC system is not yet ready for prime time. It has had mutilple failures with understanding my wife or myself. If a truck is passing or it is raining hard you are out of luck. We paid for it and basically do not use it, it is soooo aggravating.