2012 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Sure beats the Impala
By jverhoef on 09/17/13 07:41 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had Chevy's for the past 21 years. Absolutely Love this Taurus. Comfort, dual air, great sound, good mph. Love it

2012 Taurus
By larryk0202 on 07/14/13 11:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in May 2013, had 35K miles on it. Great on mpg and comfortable. No problems yet.

Great Car so far
By snow1069 on 02/16/13 16:10 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this with 19k in November 12'. So far no issues. Get's decent fuel mileage on hwy avg 24.8 mpg. Like the size of the car and compared to several other models prior to purchase (toyota, lexus, maxima, bmw). Each has they're advantages, but just didn't feel the bang for the buck was equivilant. Really liked the bmw 5 series. Looks great on the outside, but kind of bland on the interior. Toyota was a little small. Lexus, I really liked, but can't bring myself to spend that type of money. Maxima was a good car, but was comparable to toyota.

Another disappoinment.
By beeryan78 on 08/30/12 12:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a Ford man my whole life. However, the last 3 Fords I have owned have been severely problematic. The older Fords we have are excellent and have been a great value(00 Taurus, 02 F150), however, this new Taurus has been a disaster. First, the clearcoat is cracking and the paint on the trunk was poorly executed. Ford has offered to repaint, but I am afraid they will make it worse. Next, the interior materials could be better. I barely rubbed my finger on the faux wood and scratches galore! Ridiculous! Now, and apparently this is a know issue, the trunk(when closed), rubs on the bumper and the paint is rubbing away. Also tearing up the tailight. Unacceptable! My last Ford.

My Limited saga continues
By jan56 on 07/24/12 09:31 AM (PDT)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all let me say that I love the car itself and were it problem free, I would love it that much more. I picked up my vehicle on March 17, 2012, as of 7/18 it is at the dealer for the 3rd time with the same problem and a new one. All the warning bells go off and I have no tachometer, no speedometer, no air, and all the warning lights are rotating and flashing, then the blind spot fault light and front end collision lights stay on. Replaced computer, fixed a lose connection, still happening. Now on 7/18 it also wouldn't start for a while. Not really sure how to gauge the value or the performance cause as of right now, been without it for a total of 4 weeks.Not a happy consumer.

Windows stick, really???
By fordguy20 on 01/02/12 08:15 AM (PST)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Only had my Taurus since October 2011. Seemed to be a pretty good car and was looking forward to winter driving now that I have AWD. Only problem is that the first cold morning after I had the car outside all night, the windows were stuck and I couldn't get them open! Finally, one window in the rear opened, but the other three were still stuck. Is this a feature I glossed over and it's actually designed to keep the cold out??? Really Ford - what genius team of engineers is responsible for this flaw??? I can't wait to see what it takes to get this fixed. Also, the cup holders are so tiny I can't find a cup small enough for these crazy things, except maybe a dixie cup. Strike tw

almost luxury , beware of goodyears
By kyle26 on 12/21/11 13:12 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have put 2,000 miles on this car and still don't know what to think. From the beginning the goodyear eagles 19" have been a joke, it took 10 tires to get 4 that would balance, huge disapointment however dealer was great and made it right. The ride seems to be quiet at times and real noisy at others, road, wind, tires?? i don't know. however the ride is soft the seats real comfy and all the amenities top notch which leaves me to wonder why the crappy tires. anywho a gtreat car to short lease but that maybe it, still its better tan a cadillac cts.

Still have quality issue...
By chad_sh on 12/06/11 21:00 PM (PST)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car drive well when it's new. We had it about 5 months now. And some issues started to appear. raddled sound from inside the car leake gas when pumping gas. Dealer have no idea why. they are keeping the car for a day.

Just picked up my new 2012 Taurus SE today!
By macmovieman on 09/21/11 17:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got out of a 2010 Taurus with about 71,000 miles and into this 2012 and there is very little noticeable change. I even have it in the same color? The good news is there was little wrong with the 2010 model and I am hoping to have the same luck with this car. The position of the power outlets allow me to use the rear one for my inverter that powers my laptop, the one in the center console powers my iPhone so I can listen to my music, and the one up front powers my Zumo 660 GPS unit so I do not gt lost during the day. The car rides great, the music system sounds great, plenty of room in the trunk, and excellent power. I will be back in 2014 or 2015 if they continue to be this nice.

Nice ride but interior need redesign
By chad_s on 08/10/11 12:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car a month now. Price close to what we got from Edmunds. Overall the car rides good (especially long drive) but the front view is limited. My wife is 5'4" and she has a hard time seeing due to the dashboard being too high. Steering abit stiff for local driving with a lot of turn. Console is hard to understand. Too confusing. We seem to get slight better milage than report on highway.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.