Used 2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Sure beats the Impala
By jverhoef

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had Chevy's for the past 21 years. Absolutely Love this Taurus. Comfort, dual air, great sound, good mph. Love it

Favorite Features

Believe it or not the little mirrors within the side mirrors is a great asset. Love the comfort of the seats.

Suggested Improvements

It's all good - to me.

2012 Taurus
By larryk0202

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in May 2013, had 35K miles on it. Great on mpg and comfortable. No problems yet.

Favorite Features

I love the Sync

Great Car so far
By snow1069

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this with 19k in November 12'. So far no issues. Get's decent fuel mileage on hwy avg 24.8 mpg. Like the size of the car and compared to several other models prior to purchase (toyota, lexus, maxima, bmw). Each has they're advantages, but just didn't feel the bang for the buck was equivilant. Really liked the bmw 5 series. Looks great on the outside, but kind of bland on the interior. Toyota was a little small. Lexus, I really liked, but can't bring myself to spend that type of money. Maxima was a good car, but was comparable to toyota.

Favorite Features

The radio is pretty good. The leather interior is nicely done. I also appreciate the heated and cooled seats. I feel the handling is good for a family car. It's not a sports car and wasn't expecting anything of such.

Suggested Improvements

Using the sync phone over the radio is a little quirky. You have to almost yell at times for the sync app to acknowledge command. As fuel rises, better fuel mileage (around 30mpg) would be more appreciated (currently isn't bad almost 25 mpg on 87 octane).

Another disappoinment.
By beeryan78

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a Ford man my whole life. However, the last 3 Fords I have owned have been severely problematic. The older Fords we have are excellent and have been a great value(00 Taurus, 02 F150), however, this new Taurus has been a disaster. First, the clearcoat is cracking and the paint on the trunk was poorly executed. Ford has offered to repaint, but I am afraid they will make it worse. Next, the interior materials could be better. I barely rubbed my finger on the faux wood and scratches galore! Ridiculous! Now, and apparently this is a know issue, the trunk(when closed), rubs on the bumper and the paint is rubbing away. Also tearing up the tailight. Unacceptable! My last Ford.

Favorite Features

Sync, color(Ginger Ale is beautiful), most of the styling, trunk space, gas mileage is fantastic(took it on a 6-7 hr road trip and still had a 1/4 tank!), tan interior(Ford has gotten away from many choices and it is a shame, glad the Taurus still has the option), interior design(mostly), Love the high roof.

Suggested Improvements

If you are going to use fake wood, at least make it durable. Unpainted plastic skirting is hideous. Paint it! Speaking of paint, learn how to paint a vehicle and teach your workers how to inspect. This is my second Ford since 2010 with a paint defect. Rattles..car is starting to already have them...unacceptable this day in age. Brakes...did anyone at Ford drive this vehicle before they released it? Brakes are too weak. And please get rid of the shiny black plastic on the b-illars. It scracthes waaay too easy and looks awful quickly.

My Limited saga continues
By jan56

2012 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all let me say that I love the car itself and were it problem free, I would love it that much more. I picked up my vehicle on March 17, 2012, as of 7/18 it is at the dealer for the 3rd time with the same problem and a new one. All the warning bells go off and I have no tachometer, no speedometer, no air, and all the warning lights are rotating and flashing, then the blind spot fault light and front end collision lights stay on. Replaced computer, fixed a lose connection, still happening. Now on 7/18 it also wouldn't start for a while. Not really sure how to gauge the value or the performance cause as of right now, been without it for a total of 4 weeks.Not a happy consumer.

Favorite Features

Love the exterior styling and ambient lighting. Also love the cinnamon metallic color.

Suggested Improvements

Front seat headrests create difficulty in looking out the rear side windows.