Used 2012 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2012 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Sure beats the Impala
By jverhoef

2012 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had Chevy's for the past 21 years. Absolutely Love this Taurus. Comfort, dual air, great sound, good mph. Love it

Favorite Features

Believe it or not the little mirrors within the side mirrors is a great asset. Love the comfort of the seats.

Suggested Improvements

It's all good - to me.

2012 Taurus
By larryk0202

2012 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car in May 2013, had 35K miles on it. Great on mpg and comfortable. No problems yet.

Favorite Features

I love the Sync

Great Car so far
By snow1069

2012 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this with 19k in November 12'. So far no issues. Get's decent fuel mileage on hwy avg 24.8 mpg. Like the size of the car and compared to several other models prior to purchase (toyota, lexus, maxima, bmw). Each has they're advantages, but just didn't feel the bang for the buck was equivilant. Really liked the bmw 5 series. Looks great on the outside, but kind of bland on the interior. Toyota was a little small. Lexus, I really liked, but can't bring myself to spend that type of money. Maxima was a good car, but was comparable to toyota.

Favorite Features

The radio is pretty good. The leather interior is nicely done. I also appreciate the heated and cooled seats. I feel the handling is good for a family car. It's not a sports car and wasn't expecting anything of such.

Suggested Improvements

Using the sync phone over the radio is a little quirky. You have to almost yell at times for the sync app to acknowledge command. As fuel rises, better fuel mileage (around 30mpg) would be more appreciated (currently isn't bad almost 25 mpg on 87 octane).

2012 sho
By keybd29

2012 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

With about 6k on my sho I like this ride. However I do not love this ride. Steering is tight and communicates with the road. Steering ratio is fair with a slightly heavy feel. The build quality is always way up there with ford, I've had a bunch! The main caveat I offer is this sedan is simply too heavy. Too heavy for fun. It feels it when braking or turning. It's skid pad numbers are poor. It has good styling and the cabin is quiet. Stereo is good. Ford SYNC is a poor interface IMO. MPG for me is for me invariably 20-21. My '12 is basically a fleet land yacht. She doesn't much like turning nor braking and I have the performance package.

Favorite Features

Good throttle response. Great acceleration! Great build. Quiet. Great seats (comfort only).

Suggested Improvements

My unit is totally pimped out. That said even with the movable pedals the foot/leg position is a bit cramped and the throttle is not co-planar with the brake pedal, which is a safety issue. This sedan must radically lose weight--significant two-digit percentages! The chairs are comfortable but as usual with Ford they offer little firm support and notably so in turns. Even at .84g (lateral) these chairs are inadequate. Also that enormous trunk should be a plus but is, in fact, not. It has very few tie downs and zero compartments.

Another disappoinment.
By beeryan78

2012 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a Ford man my whole life. However, the last 3 Fords I have owned have been severely problematic. The older Fords we have are excellent and have been a great value(00 Taurus, 02 F150), however, this new Taurus has been a disaster. First, the clearcoat is cracking and the paint on the trunk was poorly executed. Ford has offered to repaint, but I am afraid they will make it worse. Next, the interior materials could be better. I barely rubbed my finger on the faux wood and scratches galore! Ridiculous! Now, and apparently this is a know issue, the trunk(when closed), rubs on the bumper and the paint is rubbing away. Also tearing up the tailight. Unacceptable! My last Ford.

Favorite Features

Sync, color(Ginger Ale is beautiful), most of the styling, trunk space, gas mileage is fantastic(took it on a 6-7 hr road trip and still had a 1/4 tank!), tan interior(Ford has gotten away from many choices and it is a shame, glad the Taurus still has the option), interior design(mostly), Love the high roof.

Suggested Improvements

If you are going to use fake wood, at least make it durable. Unpainted plastic skirting is hideous. Paint it! Speaking of paint, learn how to paint a vehicle and teach your workers how to inspect. This is my second Ford since 2010 with a paint defect. Rattles..car is starting to already have them...unacceptable this day in age. Brakes...did anyone at Ford drive this vehicle before they released it? Brakes are too weak. And please get rid of the shiny black plastic on the b-illars. It scracthes waaay too easy and looks awful quickly.