So So SHO - not reliable
By ralloyd on
2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)
Beautiful vehicle although too many safety issues. Sensor in the engine was bad and it took Ford 3 months to diagnose and repair the problem. The vehicle shuts off randomly and Ford has no solution for repair. Now the roof leaks. Not a happy Ford customer at this time. My SHO is a lemon!
Favorite Features
EcoBoost Engine - great mileage up to 30 mpg on the highway
Suggested Improvements
Improve ability to trouble shot problems and make repairs.
By amg109
on 03/04/12 20:31 PM (PST)

TAURUS SHO -IDENTICAL PROLEM WITH SENSOR I am having the same issues with my Taurus SHO. I acquired my 2011 Taurus SHO in October 2010. Less than one month the check engine light came on and we were told it was a bad sensor. The light came on again one month later and we returned to the Ford Dealership. The fixed it. Approximately eleven months later, fumes began entering the car and it began to sputter. We brought it in and was told that the injectors went out. Less than two months later, the same problem ocurred with the injectors. Yesterday, the same problem with the injectors happenned to my husband on the way to another state and this time it killed on him and had to be towed to a Ford dealership outside of our home state. Definitely, something is faulty with this design.