SHO for the long legs, is worth the extra money and beats all foreign comparables hands down.
By 100kmileman on
2011 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Overall this car is underrated by this site, JD Powers, and consumer reports. What you get for the money is far more than what is advertised. For me Ford finishes ahead of Lexus, BMW, Infinity, and Audi. Honda and Toyota are just not in the same class to me, they can't compete. Sizing: I consider myself a very picky driver that is extra tall. I wear a 38" inseem pant, and I fit. Still want 6 inches more but overall good. Go with the extra seat adjustments if you are tall. Performance: I hate driving behind Toyota, Honda and Ford Fusion drivers-slow and no confidence. I pass them with ease with this American muscle. It fits how I drive. Warning - The SHO is not for the timid.
Favorite Features
Performance is exceptional. The SHO can out run anything on the highway aside from the exotics. I've beaten everyone off the line at the stop light, and passed anyone I've wanted with great ease. Hint - use premium gas - you get a jolt to your horsepower. Huge brakes also enhance the level of control for sudden stops. Tech - with MP3 player plugged in I can call out my favs witout taking my hands off the wheel. Hands free phone is great- full phone book and can get texts as well (although haven't done the text yet). Love changing the interior light colors to any of the 6 different choices. 20 inch wheels make a difference in looks as well. Suggestion: go with the chrome
Suggested Improvements
Needs more leg room. If they just made this the most leg room in its class and added another 6 inches in the driver's seat, I would own this car for life. Nav System is impressive, but having to go through more than 4 steps to confirm location is a flaw that needs to be addressed. You should be able to say city, state, street address all in one and have it populate a list to chose from. Back end design doesn't give the sporty appearance that this car deserves. The SHO moves like an elite athlete through speedy traffic and handles amazingly better than BMW and Audi, I know, I've driven them both. Check out the rear design of Audi A5/A7.
By costeld
on 06/08/12 21:40 PM (PDT)

What models and years of BMW and Audi have you driven that lends to your conclusion that the SHO is superior? I am devoted to American-brand cars too, but I highly doubt the SHO outperforms a BMW M3 and probably not the standard three series. Against an Audi R8 or BMW X6M the SHO is no competition. I agree the SHO is a tremendous performance value, but its is unjust to call all Audi and BMW models inferior.