Not so great a Buy
By dans10 on
2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
While many on here seem to have gotten a decent car, mine has not been that good. I purchased the car and had to schedule a service visit within 4 hours, car has a vibration and shimmy at highway speeds and considerable more noticeable in curve. Ford has had this car in there shop longer then I have had it in my garage. It's in now for it's second visit for the same issue with the local dealer here trying to push it out the door with no fix for the issue. The lines on the car are good, however a crooked installation on the windshield detracts. I am considering going down the lemon law route with this car at this point and wouldn't recommend this car to others.... PASS ON THIS ONE
Favorite Features
I enjoyed the entertainment and Nav system in the vehicle, had more functionality then most other vehicles I looked at. Overall style is very good, I wish the mechanicals under the looks could match.
Suggested Improvements
Need to train Ford mechanics on how to work on these cars, they don't seem very bright at this point
By wings8823
on 10/29/11 20:46 PM (PDT)

I bought a 2011 SEL (same suspension) and notice a vibration after completing sharp turns. When I say "sharp turns" I am referrring to slow 90 degree turns such as driving out of a driveway onto a two lane street. The vibration occurs after the car is tracking straight at a speed of 10 - 15 MPH. The vibration can be felt slightly in the accelerator pedal. The vibration almost sounds like a CV Joint. My car has been doing this since I drove the car off the dealership's lot. The vibration does not occur each time I make a slow, 'sharp turn.' It is intermittent. The car has 3500 miles. A friend owns a Toyota Avalon. Having driven their car, I noticed the same exact sound under the same conditions. Being that these cars are front-wheel drives, this may be just a characteristic of this type of drive-line. With regard to your car having a shimmy and vibration at highway speeds, this could be caused by wheels "out of balance" or tires being under inflated or over inflated. My car had a slight vibration at highway speeds when I first drove it off the lot. That has now disappeared. I anticipated this would happen due to a new suspension and flat spots that can develop on tires when a car sits for period of time without being moved.