2011 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Best car I have ever owned!

2011 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

Best car I have ever owned!
By kjb828 on

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Taurus SEL 6 months ago. It was a used rental car with 54,000 miles on it. It was like a new car. Exceptional in almost every way! Am 6'4" and have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals...very roomy front seat. Love this car and have had 42 cars in my life...I'm a car guy...what can I say?!? Though basic SEL with few options it is well equipped with what I want/need in car. As quiet as my previous 3 Lexus LS models, has a slightly firmer ride which I actually like and now at 57,000 miles it is just as great a car as it was when I bought it. Paid $13,992 and got a screaming deal! Great looking, great driving, great car....will have this one a very long time!

Love the room, the size of the trunk, the design, the quiet ride, and the ease of use of all features. I drive very short trips, 1 to 3 miles at a time, but still get over 21 mpg. And I have a heavy foot! Love the transmission. No problems at all in any way. I live in AZ and the AC is excellent! The engine is quiet and very responsive. All controls are within easy reach...clearly ergonomics of this car were studied and designed with great thought to driver needs. Passengers who don't know this is a Ford are amazed that it is a Taurus....thinking it is a much more up market car. After market options are readily available. Love my locking gas cap and rear spoiler...very subtle!

The only improvement is to find some way to improve rear visibility when backing up. Significant blind spots, so I have to be careful because I don't have the rear camera. Having said that, it would impact the design of the car which I think is exceptional! Other than that, I wouldn't change a a thing!