Is it really a FORD?
By Mr.Bill on
2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I had the Taurus for ten months now and have 15,000 miles on it. I'm totally shocked that Ford has put out a vehicle of this quality and style. It's never been back to the dealer since I took delivery. Nothing more that oil changes, a tire rotation, and wiper blades. Excellent handling on the highway and a cavernous trunk for cargo. Controls are strategically placed, with the exception of the program buttons for digital displays. Wife complains of rough ride, but she's use to her BMW...and for twice the price it should be better. A great value for the price! I had Acura, Infiniti, Volvo, BMW and other "luxury cars”, for the price the Taurus is heads above the overpriced guys.
Favorite Features
Sync system is great! I won't use a cell phone in a car without hands free, and this system is better than the BMW. Steering wheel controls for cruise, radio, and sync system are better than most others I've seen or used.
Suggested Improvements
Move the trunk release button off the dash; it's too visible and accessible. The release works when without the key on so I disconnected the wiring to eliminate someone breaking in the car and getting to the trunk. Unfortunately, the back seats lay down which is access to the trunk. Security issue.