Door seals/weather seals
By donald48 on
2011 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I have had our car back for repairs for the poor sealing rear doors 5 times since we bought it new.If you drive these cars on any rural roads like we do in the summer you have to just about have anyone in the back seat wear a mask.The dust that comes in is terrible.This design was not tested, the excessive road noise on this model compared to the 2008 which I had is a huge increase. There will not be a repair done, Ford seems to be putting this off and hoping it will go away, instead they are loosing a lot of good customers who stayed with them for a good30 years like myself. My 1970 Ford F100 does not get as dusty in the cab as this car does.
Favorite Features
The car on awhole is excellant, we like it or we would not have bought it.I had an 05 500 to start with, then the 08 Taurus which was also a very nice car, only thing we had with it was the trans, I did not like this trans for mountain driving, could not shift it down. The 2011 has the 6 speed with the shifters, great improvement but why not do a decent door seal This car is comfortable, has the heat/cool seals, lots of room, massage is nice as is the rear cam.
Suggested Improvements
fix the door seals. the calipers have a tendency to pickup small stones which make a lot of loud noise until they are either removed or ground up.Is it possible to guard this area to stop some of these stones from getting in the calipers