2011 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
SHO is Great!
By NHChris on 08/11/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up my 2011 SHO last week and what a great car. Comfortable, quiet, great "get up and go," with decent or better gas mileage than the standard V6. The sync hands free call quality is the best I've seen/heard. Am still figuring out and playing with all the Sync features. Everyone that has sat in this car says the front seats are the most comfortable that they have ever sat in, and I agree (except that the headrest seems to stick too far forward for tall people). Who knows what the long term reliability of the car will be, but this car is very fun to drive (I have the SHO sport package) and I would highly recommend checking one out if you are in the market for a large sedan.

Is it really a FORD?
By Mr.Bill on 07/29/10 07:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had the Taurus for ten months now and have 15,000 miles on it. I'm totally shocked that Ford has put out a vehicle of this quality and style. It's never been back to the dealer since I took delivery. Nothing more that oil changes, a tire rotation, and wiper blades. Excellent handling on the highway and a cavernous trunk for cargo. Controls are strategically placed, with the exception of the program buttons for digital displays. Wife complains of rough ride, but she's use to her BMW...and for twice the price it should be better. A great value for the price! I had Acura, Infiniti, Volvo, BMW and other "luxury cars”, for the price the Taurus is heads above the overpriced guys.

An affordable "luxury car"
By Jin on 07/26/10 01:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgrade from RAV4 to this big sedan, Taurus SEL, very quiet, powerful and roomy. When folding down your rear seat you can get almost the same trunk space as the RAV4,a compact size suv.

First domestic car in 20+ years
By MM on 07/24/10 14:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I haven't bought or driven a domestic car in over 20 years, but the test drive and apparent quality sold me on the Taurus. It is comfortable and fun to drive. It has great acceleration and makes virtually no road noise. I have not been disappointed since my purchase.

Made the switch to American.
By Marla on 07/17/10 04:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 20+ years of driving mostly Lexus and Toyota, I finally made the switch back to an American car. My Taurus has been both a pleasant and a surprising experience. This is a solid, quiet car, with fantastic handling and turning. It is loaded with creature comforts. I had considered a BMW, but many of the options with my Taurus weren't available, or pushed the cost beyond what I was willing to pay. The interior is plush and comfortable. The sync systems makes almost everything hands free for safety. I am pleased to say this is an American car that competes quite nicely with foreign makers!

Former Acura & Infinity owner
By PismoPat on 06/07/10 21:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Moved from a 2007 Acura MDX to Taurus Limited. Taurus has nicer ride, better comfort, and more Hi Tech features. After owning Infinity and Acura, the Taurus competes nicely. Love the Sync System and the way it links to the Ipod and cell phone. Voice recognition is excellent and user interface, with the Nav sys. Especially like the adaptive cruise control. It's actually worth the money when it comes to long trips and a relaxing ride. It will actually slow the vehicle. It's too early to rate reliability, but this Ford is a great design, & fun to drive. I recommend the 303 package with Nav and Adaptive Cruise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$112 per month*