2011 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
This ain't your old man's Ford!
By FlyByNite on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did it! Traded my Porsche Cayenne for a Ford!With all of the upgrades plus the improved construction, it was a no brainer. My fully loaded limited was less than half the cost of the Porsche. No more $140 oil changes, no more $1300 major service costs. Smooth driving, excellent over railroad tracks. SYNC has more features than onstar at no cost. I am not a uaw fan but, Ford didn't take the bailout & yet they produced a vehicle to rival the euros & Asians. And . They unloaded Jaguar.

A Very Nice Ride
By tmjc1 on 09/06/10 05:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, I am extremely satisfied with my 2011 Taurus Limited. Noise and ride are the best I've experienced and it's almost a pleasure to drive to work now! Air conditioned seats are definitely a plus (as I found out during a recent heat wave here). Great transmission, shifts when it should and so smoothly, too. Only negative I noticed was a very slight misalignment of the drivers door, vertically.

2011 Taurus Limited AWD
By William on 08/27/10 16:53 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent vehicle with great handling and ride - both have exceeded my expectations. Test drove a lot of other cars, including LaCrosse, and found the Taurus was a better car overall. So far I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Look at the rest but buy the best
By Impressed on 08/27/10 00:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has the best nav/media system out of any of the others we drove it requires a monthly fee for the extras from Sirius but it's worth it IMO it makes the car feel even more special when your driving. Its a sexy car the seats are comfy the cooled seats are amazing lots of room in the back a hair slower than others in the quarter but drive it you'll really never notice plus torque band is flat so shifts are extremely smooth. But as a family sedan its good looking smooth ride and roomy and lots of gadgets to make the car special no matter the trim level.

Is it really a FORD?
By Mr.Bill on 07/29/10 07:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had the Taurus for ten months now and have 15,000 miles on it. I'm totally shocked that Ford has put out a vehicle of this quality and style. It's never been back to the dealer since I took delivery. Nothing more that oil changes, a tire rotation, and wiper blades. Excellent handling on the highway and a cavernous trunk for cargo. Controls are strategically placed, with the exception of the program buttons for digital displays. Wife complains of rough ride, but she's use to her BMW...and for twice the price it should be better. A great value for the price! I had Acura, Infiniti, Volvo, BMW and other "luxury cars”, for the price the Taurus is heads above the overpriced guys.

An affordable "luxury car"
By Jin on 07/26/10 01:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgrade from RAV4 to this big sedan, Taurus SEL, very quiet, powerful and roomy. When folding down your rear seat you can get almost the same trunk space as the RAV4,a compact size suv.

First domestic car in 20+ years
By MM on 07/24/10 14:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I haven't bought or driven a domestic car in over 20 years, but the test drive and apparent quality sold me on the Taurus. It is comfortable and fun to drive. It has great acceleration and makes virtually no road noise. I have not been disappointed since my purchase.

Made the switch to American.
By Marla on 07/17/10 04:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After 20+ years of driving mostly Lexus and Toyota, I finally made the switch back to an American car. My Taurus has been both a pleasant and a surprising experience. This is a solid, quiet car, with fantastic handling and turning. It is loaded with creature comforts. I had considered a BMW, but many of the options with my Taurus weren't available, or pushed the cost beyond what I was willing to pay. The interior is plush and comfortable. The sync systems makes almost everything hands free for safety. I am pleased to say this is an American car that competes quite nicely with foreign makers!

Former Acura & Infinity owner
By PismoPat on 06/07/10 21:47 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Moved from a 2007 Acura MDX to Taurus Limited. Taurus has nicer ride, better comfort, and more Hi Tech features. After owning Infinity and Acura, the Taurus competes nicely. Love the Sync System and the way it links to the Ipod and cell phone. Voice recognition is excellent and user interface, with the Nav sys. Especially like the adaptive cruise control. It's actually worth the money when it comes to long trips and a relaxing ride. It will actually slow the vehicle. It's too early to rate reliability, but this Ford is a great design, & fun to drive. I recommend the 303 package with Nav and Adaptive Cruise.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$112 per month*