Used 2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Not so great a Buy
By dans10

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While many on here seem to have gotten a decent car, mine has not been that good. I purchased the car and had to schedule a service visit within 4 hours, car has a vibration and shimmy at highway speeds and considerable more noticeable in curve. Ford has had this car in there shop longer then I have had it in my garage. It's in now for it's second visit for the same issue with the local dealer here trying to push it out the door with no fix for the issue. The lines on the car are good, however a crooked installation on the windshield detracts. I am considering going down the lemon law route with this car at this point and wouldn't recommend this car to others.... PASS ON THIS ONE

I enjoyed the entertainment and Nav system in the vehicle, had more functionality then most other vehicles I looked at. Overall style is very good, I wish the mechanicals under the looks could match.

Need to train Ford mechanics on how to work on these cars, they don't seem very bright at this point

homerun for ford
By vjd2211

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

500 miles on it and impressed by the fuel mileage coming as advertized (23-24mpg suburban, 26-28 highway at 65mph) also initial quality very good

navigation with weather and traffic side mirrors showing if any problem with blind spots adaptive cruise control with collision avoidance

rear seats have not enough foot clearance for such a large car a six seat version of the car(3+3) is also desirable

Solidily built and fun to drive
By nyer1

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned this 2011 SEL model since Aug 2010. 20K miles on it so far. Owned several Ford models since 1990. This is by far the best vehicle Ford has produced in a long time. Have owned Taurus' since 1995. All were OK. This car is more like a European sedan than anything Ford has ever produced. I live in the Northeast and we have all types of weather. This car has driven thru 5 major snow storms over the last 3mos. No problems and very secure during all weather conditions. Over the last 6mos, I have had more people ask me what type of car this was than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Only complaint is that at 6'6", the cockpit is a little snug. Overall, very happy with this car.

Love the paddle shifters when driving in snow. Gives good control of wheel speed and helps maintain controld of vehicle under adverse conditions.

Center console is too wide for tall drivers. Reducing width by 2 inches should not be much of an engineering challange.

SO FAR SO GOOD!
By saintjr

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoying riding in my 2011 Taurus Limited. Just turned over 800 miles and thus far I am a happy camper! Got it near the end of 2010. I love its size and comfortable ride. The cargo volume is huge. Every where I go I get thumbs up. The over all remark is well the Taurus has really come into its own.

I love the sound system and the voice-activated Nav. and Sirius system. The inside changeable lights are a nice change. The inside ride is void of outside noise. It handles very nice with a strong feel of owning the road.

A locking gas door. There is limited room on the drivers left leg. It is very hard to put your left leg out. On my past CTS i could straighten my leg out completely. Such a nice stereo system should have more than a one CD storage. No light in the glove compartment.

Absolutely the BEST!!!
By jaxflgymboi79

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have waited for over a year to buy this car. I had an '08 Fusion that I loved but couldn't stop thinking about the Taurus. I test drove it multiple times and every time it made me want it even more. I have had the car for less than a week and it is more than I could have ever expected in a car. My neighbors and co workers cannot believe it is a Taurus and how nice it is. I have had people in less than a week say how much nicer it is than Mercedez, Lexus, Acura, Infinity, BMW, and others like it. They are amazed at the luxury of this car. It has turned more heads in 4 days than anything I've ever driven. I hope this car lasts forever b/c i love this car and am a proud ford owner

Everything. The car is absolutely amazing in every way!!!

I can't think of any except the head rests. They don't bother me but I can understand why so many people have mentioned them in their reviews. They do point forward a little much but the power seats have so many options to set your seat that I have set mine that I don't even notice them anymore.