Used 2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best car I have ever owned!
By kjb828

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Taurus SEL 6 months ago.
It was a used rental car with 54,000 miles on it.
It was like a new car.
Exceptional in almost every way!
Am 6'4" and have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals...very roomy front seat.
Love this car and have had 42 cars in my life...I'm a car guy...what can I say?!?
Though basic SEL with few options it is well equipped with what I want/need in car.
As quiet as my previous 3 Lexus LS models, has a slightly firmer ride which I actually like and now at 57,000 miles it is just as great a car as it was when I bought it.
Paid $13,992 and got a screaming deal!
Great looking, great driving, great car....will have this one a very long time!

Love the room, the size of the trunk, the design, the quiet ride, and the ease of use of all features. I drive very short trips, 1 to 3 miles at a time, but still get over 21 mpg. And I have a heavy foot! Love the transmission. No problems at all in any way. I live in AZ and the AC is excellent! The engine is quiet and very responsive. All controls are within easy reach...clearly ergonomics of this car were studied and designed with great thought to driver needs. Passengers who don't know this is a Ford are amazed that it is a Taurus....thinking it is a much more up market car. After market options are readily available. Love my locking gas cap and rear spoiler...very subtle!

The only improvement is to find some way to improve rear visibility when backing up. Significant blind spots, so I have to be careful because I don't have the rear camera. Having said that, it would impact the design of the car which I think is exceptional! Other than that, I wouldn't change a a thing!

Door seals/weather seals
By donald48

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had our car back for repairs
for the poor sealing rear doors 5 times since we bought it new.If you drive these cars
on any rural roads like we do in the summer you have to just about have anyone in the back seat wear a mask.The dust that comes in is terrible.This design was not tested, the excessive road noise on this model compared to the 2008 which I had
is
a huge increase. There will not be a repair done, Ford seems to be putting this off and hoping it will go away, instead they are loosing a lot of good customers who stayed with them for a good30 years like myself. My 1970 Ford F100 does not get as dusty in the cab as this car does.

The car on awhole is excellant, we like it or we would not have bought it.I had an 05 500 to start with, then the 08 Taurus which was also a very nice car, only thing we had with it was the trans, I did not like this trans for mountain driving, could not shift it down. The 2011 has the 6 speed with the shifters, great improvement but why not do a decent door seal This car is comfortable, has the heat/cool seals, lots of room, massage is nice as is the rear cam.

fix the door seals. the calipers have a tendency to pickup small stones which make a lot of loud noise until they are either removed or ground up.Is it possible to guard this area to stop some of these stones from getting in the calipers

Love My Car
By bonusvalue

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned another Ford Taurus and though really liked the car the transmission made me think I would never again own a ford, but so far this Taurus SEL make me change my mind about Ford. I drive at least 65 miles daily and I love it more each day

I love all the features the only thing it does not have that I think I would like is nav and my ford touch but driving directions is available with this car and don't think about it much

The car started off quiet in the cabin and now I can hear road noise so I guess I would like to see it quieter.

2011 Ford Taurus Limited
By trukguy

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a used Taurus Limited with 29K miles. Was an Enterprise rental. In absolutely new condition inside and out. Ford dealer had it priced at 28K but got it for 22.9K.
Test drove it twice. Bested the new 2011 Fusion that I also test drove. My only complaint is that it is quiet on smooth asphalt & concrete roads but had annoying cabin noise when driving over rough asphalt/concrete, bumps, and rough dirt roads. Tire noise & every little bump could be heard. All functions worked perfectly. Backup camera display in rearview mirror is excellent. Backup warning also great. So far, love this car despite the cabin noise.

Info display below the speedometer - miles-to-go before tank empty is great. Full system check info. External lit keypad next to driver's door. Wireless key fob features. Good sound system:AM/FM, Sirrius, CD, Aux input from Input Jack. Traction Control can be turned On/Off. Excellent acceleration from the V6.

No analog oil pressure or battery charge meters. I don't like"idiot" lights for these functions. Internal rear view mirror view is limited due to large trunk lid but the backup camera and the backup warning system allow you to see what's directly behind the car - but only when shift is in reverse. Wish the backup camera could be turned on at any time. Annoying tire and road noise on rough roads. Needs more rear-wheel sound isolation.

Love/Hate My Taurus
By kdawn

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Taurus one year and have 38k miles on it. I use it for my job. I have had it in the shop 6+ times for transmission issues. It shifts very hard and hesitates going into gear, leaving me in unsafe situations. I love the look of my car. It's fun and sexy, but just very dissappointed in the service I have received. I am now dealing directly with Ford and am reviewing the ins/outs of the Lemon Law. I HAVE to have a safe vehicle as I am a mom and a grandma and I want to stay around for a while.

Remove the paddles from the steering wheel. Never used and not very appealing. Put a light in the glove box. Lower the hood a bit. It's hard to see out the front sometimes. Change the rearview mirror. It doesn't darken enough with bright headlights. Fix the seals on the bottom of the back doors. It throws dirt in the back seat. Re-design the panels on the front doors (where keyless entry pad is) - they come loose very easily.