2011 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
homerun for ford
By vjd2211 on 02/27/11 10:51 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

500 miles on it and impressed by the fuel mileage coming as advertized (23-24mpg suburban, 26-28 highway at 65mph) also initial quality very good

Solidily built and fun to drive
By nyer1 on 02/25/11 16:42 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned this 2011 SEL model since Aug 2010. 20K miles on it so far. Owned several Ford models since 1990. This is by far the best vehicle Ford has produced in a long time. Have owned Taurus' since 1995. All were OK. This car is more like a European sedan than anything Ford has ever produced. I live in the Northeast and we have all types of weather. This car has driven thru 5 major snow storms over the last 3mos. No problems and very secure during all weather conditions. Over the last 6mos, I have had more people ask me what type of car this was than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Only complaint is that at 6'6", the cockpit is a little snug. Overall, very happy with this car.

SO FAR SO GOOD!
By saintjr on 02/11/11 21:25 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoying riding in my 2011 Taurus Limited. Just turned over 800 miles and thus far I am a happy camper! Got it near the end of 2010. I love its size and comfortable ride. The cargo volume is huge. Every where I go I get thumbs up. The over all remark is well the Taurus has really come into its own.

Absolutely the BEST!!!
By jaxflgymboi79 on 01/27/11 19:59 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have waited for over a year to buy this car. I had an '08 Fusion that I loved but couldn't stop thinking about the Taurus. I test drove it multiple times and every time it made me want it even more. I have had the car for less than a week and it is more than I could have ever expected in a car. My neighbors and co workers cannot believe it is a Taurus and how nice it is. I have had people in less than a week say how much nicer it is than Mercedez, Lexus, Acura, Infinity, BMW, and others like it. They are amazed at the luxury of this car. It has turned more heads in 4 days than anything I've ever driven. I hope this car lasts forever b/c i love this car and am a proud ford owner

Taurus is back.
By vietvet68 on 01/25/11 16:59 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My new Taurus is far superior to my 2000 Taurus. That car was fine at the time but the new Taurus has more power and comfort. And it's easy to change the oil filter. I change my own oil because I use synthetic and I need to cut the cost. I also only use pure gasoline which contains no ethynol. I expect to get 300,000 miles out of this one.

Best car we have ever owned
By Dick on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had spent considerable time and effort in shopping for a new car. The primary contenders were Buick, Avalon, VW, Lexus, and of course Ford Taurus. We included the Lexus only because of the features, but felt that it was over priced. The Taurus won hands down. It is a dream to drive, looks great, and has all of the features we would like and more.

Love This Car
By Jack on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned this car for 3 months now and have to say I love it. It is a lot of fun to drive. Bought it with the moon roof and 301A package. Gas mileage is very good, stiffer ride than I am used too but I'm getting used to it. Sound system is very good although Microsoft could improve Sync. I have no problem with the head rests or rear window vision. Shift paddles are useless to me. Received a lot of compliments from other people.

2011 Ford Taurus Limited AWD
By shakes67 on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the 11 Taurus Lim Awd with the 303a package, munti contour seating, ad.cruise control,and navigation. The interior is quiet and ride is smooth. The 3.5 l has plenty of power for everyday use but if your looking for the extra thrill and extra insurance cost go with the SHO.

Great Features
By Dennis on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Taurus Limited FWD last weekend, and had a 600 mile trip to Michigan. I was truly impressed with the adaptive cruise control, and collision avoidance equipment, which worked very well. The BLIS system was also well received and needed due to sight limitations. The navigation and Sync were also a pleasure to use. Many premium cars don't offer the same technology for $20K more, so you get great value for the price. Fit and finish is very good, an improvement from a previous 2002 Ford vehicle. Interior and exterior styling are both attractive. Standard engine performance is acceptable with better handling than my previous car, an Avalon. It's worth a look.

Nice ride
By johnson on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I consider myself a true car guy. And all I can say is wow. This car was put together with a driver in mind, the interior is awesome and driving this car is no different. Handling is great and stock power puts you easy into the 100 plus. Trunk space is the best I have seen. As a nascar fan, this looks like the real deal sitting in the garage. For a full size sedan, you forget how much you have under you with the power ratio. Cannot keep my hands from turning up the stereo. In my 40's and feel like I am in my 20's again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$112 per month*