Used 2011 Ford Taurus SHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

SHO 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

Good acceleration, not as fun as Speed 6 or G8 GXP
By costeld

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I may be one of the few people who have owned a Mazdaspeed 6, a new Taurus SHO, and a Pontiac G8 GXP with manual. I lost the Speed 6 in a divorce, downgraded for a while to a police interceptor (fun to abuse b/c its cheap), then bought a 2011 Taurus SHO with performance package in october of 2010. Mine had most options, only lacking adaptive cruise control (I think). I got a good deal on it (had to cross shop 4 dealers from 200 to 1000 miles away), but walked out $8000 under MSRP. I loved all the luxury features (not a Lincoln after all) and fresh styling. Overall a good value. However, I regretted not buying the G8 gxp instead (was hard to find) and eventually sold SHO for the GXP.

Favorite Features

Many optional features! Impressive interior design and seats. Fast.

Suggested Improvements

Conservative top speed (138 I think). Engine 2000 rpm below redline at top speed. Numb, over boosted steering. Fine in town but approaching top speed on the highway the steering wheel feels too light. (The wheel jerks when traversing bumps on turns). Choppy ride quality especially at speed. The top speed though conservative feels fast for the car. Terrible visibility, especially out the rear. thank god for the back up camera. Front seat area was somewhat claustrophobic. Unattractive two tone brown interior (which they fixed for 2013) and destracting recessed gauges (which they also fixed for 2013). Myford and Sync too complicated and distracting from driving. Infuriating voice recognition.

So So SHO - not reliable
By ralloyd

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Beautiful vehicle although too many safety issues. Sensor in the engine was bad and it took Ford 3 months to diagnose and repair the problem. The vehicle shuts off randomly and Ford has no solution for repair. Now the roof leaks. Not a happy Ford customer at this time. My SHO is a lemon!

Favorite Features

EcoBoost Engine - great mileage up to 30 mpg on the highway

Suggested Improvements

Improve ability to trouble shot problems and make repairs.

SHO for the long legs, is worth the extra money and beats all foreign comparables hands down.
By 100kmileman

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall this car is underrated by this site, JD Powers, and consumer reports. What you get for the money is far more than what is advertised. For me Ford finishes ahead of Lexus, BMW, Infinity, and Audi. Honda and Toyota are just not in the same class to me, they can't compete. Sizing: I consider myself a very picky driver that is extra tall. I wear a 38" inseem pant, and I fit. Still want 6 inches more but overall good. Go with the extra seat adjustments if you are tall. Performance: I hate driving behind Toyota, Honda and Ford Fusion drivers-slow and no confidence. I pass them with ease with this American muscle. It fits how I drive. Warning - The SHO is not for the timid.

Favorite Features

Performance is exceptional. The SHO can out run anything on the highway aside from the exotics. I've beaten everyone off the line at the stop light, and passed anyone I've wanted with great ease. Hint - use premium gas - you get a jolt to your horsepower. Huge brakes also enhance the level of control for sudden stops. Tech - with MP3 player plugged in I can call out my favs witout taking my hands off the wheel. Hands free phone is great- full phone book and can get texts as well (although haven't done the text yet). Love changing the interior light colors to any of the 6 different choices. 20 inch wheels make a difference in looks as well. Suggestion: go with the chrome

Suggested Improvements

Needs more leg room. If they just made this the most leg room in its class and added another 6 inches in the driver's seat, I would own this car for life. Nav System is impressive, but having to go through more than 4 steps to confirm location is a flaw that needs to be addressed. You should be able to say city, state, street address all in one and have it populate a list to chose from. Back end design doesn't give the sporty appearance that this car deserves. The SHO moves like an elite athlete through speedy traffic and handles amazingly better than BMW and Audi, I know, I've driven them both. Check out the rear design of Audi A5/A7.

Very Pleased
By Bob

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Very Glad I bought this car. Handling defies its size and the ride is that of a limo's. Trunk is massive and the styling is very sexy in and out.

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Different 20 inch chrome wheel design.

Fix the rear seat
By Zach

2011 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

All in all this vehicle is very nice. Pleasant interior design, smooth ride, ample passing power on the freeway, good handling, and many other positive attributes. Rear seat space however is disappointing. My passengers complain of having there knees raised and there heads craned. I have also noticed that their legs protrude into the front seats causing large humps into the seat which is very uncomfortable. The trunk is also hard to open without making smudge marks. Besides that the cars great and Fords done a great job.

Favorite Features

Adaptive-Cruise Control. Dash design and trunk space

Suggested Improvements

Give up some trunk space for rear passengers and make it easier to open the trunk without making finger prints