2011 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car but......
By evilalcalde on 07/29/14 14:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The serious fault with the 2011 Taurus Limited is that it as ALL electronic. That means that if the battery dies with the doors locked, you may not be able to exit the vehicle. There is no manual override for opening the doors from inside. The same is true for the trunk, where most keep jumper cables. If you live near water and a collision sends you into a lake, river etc because the battery fails, or vehicle catches fire, you will have to break the windows to escape. Maybe not a problem in Kansas, but I live in SW Florida. While a situation did happen, it fortunately was on land.

2011 Ford Taurus Limited
By trukguy on 11/11/11 23:32 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a used Taurus Limited with 29K miles. Was an Enterprise rental. In absolutely new condition inside and out. Ford dealer had it priced at 28K but got it for 22.9K. Test drove it twice. Bested the new 2011 Fusion that I also test drove. My only complaint is that it is quiet on smooth asphalt & concrete roads but had annoying cabin noise when driving over rough asphalt/concrete, bumps, and rough dirt roads. Tire noise & every little bump could be heard. All functions worked perfectly. Backup camera display in rearview mirror is excellent. Backup warning also great. So far, love this car despite the cabin noise.

I love my car!
By bayway48 on 09/10/11 15:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been drooling at the new Taurus since it re-emerged in 09. I rented an SEL twice for family trips. However, never thought I would buy one. The Mustang was on top of the list. I bought my Limited back in June. Since then, I have been on a road trip to Oklahoma to visit family and we drove my car the whole time. Couldn't get my sister out of the driver's seat. In July, my brother and I took a 6,000 mile road trip through MO, TN, Smoky Mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway. Couldn't get him out of the driver's seat. Bottom line, this is one of Ford's finest. Beamers, Lexus, Audi, et al, you have been matched. Everyone wants to race me when I drive to work. I just sit back and smile. Awesome!

Not so great a Buy
By dans10 on 03/27/11 21:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While many on here seem to have gotten a decent car, mine has not been that good. I purchased the car and had to schedule a service visit within 4 hours, car has a vibration and shimmy at highway speeds and considerable more noticeable in curve. Ford has had this car in there shop longer then I have had it in my garage. It's in now for it's second visit for the same issue with the local dealer here trying to push it out the door with no fix for the issue. The lines on the car are good, however a crooked installation on the windshield detracts. I am considering going down the lemon law route with this car at this point and wouldn't recommend this car to others.... PASS ON THIS ONE

homerun for ford
By vjd2211 on 02/27/11 10:51 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

500 miles on it and impressed by the fuel mileage coming as advertized (23-24mpg suburban, 26-28 highway at 65mph) also initial quality very good

SO FAR SO GOOD!
By saintjr on 02/11/11 21:25 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Enjoying riding in my 2011 Taurus Limited. Just turned over 800 miles and thus far I am a happy camper! Got it near the end of 2010. I love its size and comfortable ride. The cargo volume is huge. Every where I go I get thumbs up. The over all remark is well the Taurus has really come into its own.

Best car we have ever owned
By Dick on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We had spent considerable time and effort in shopping for a new car. The primary contenders were Buick, Avalon, VW, Lexus, and of course Ford Taurus. We included the Lexus only because of the features, but felt that it was over priced. The Taurus won hands down. It is a dream to drive, looks great, and has all of the features we would like and more.

Love This Car
By Jack on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned this car for 3 months now and have to say I love it. It is a lot of fun to drive. Bought it with the moon roof and 301A package. Gas mileage is very good, stiffer ride than I am used too but I'm getting used to it. Sound system is very good although Microsoft could improve Sync. I have no problem with the head rests or rear window vision. Shift paddles are useless to me. Received a lot of compliments from other people.

Great Features
By Dennis on 10/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Taurus Limited FWD last weekend, and had a 600 mile trip to Michigan. I was truly impressed with the adaptive cruise control, and collision avoidance equipment, which worked very well. The BLIS system was also well received and needed due to sight limitations. The navigation and Sync were also a pleasure to use. Many premium cars don't offer the same technology for $20K more, so you get great value for the price. Fit and finish is very good, an improvement from a previous 2002 Ford vehicle. Interior and exterior styling are both attractive. Standard engine performance is acceptable with better handling than my previous car, an Avalon. It's worth a look.

This ain't your old man's Ford!
By FlyByNite on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did it! Traded my Porsche Cayenne for a Ford!With all of the upgrades plus the improved construction, it was a no brainer. My fully loaded limited was less than half the cost of the Porsche. No more $140 oil changes, no more $1300 major service costs. Smooth driving, excellent over railroad tracks. SYNC has more features than onstar at no cost. I am not a uaw fan but, Ford didn't take the bailout & yet they produced a vehicle to rival the euros & Asians. And . They unloaded Jaguar.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$128 per month*