2011 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Lets be honest
By wildbill17 on 07/16/13 17:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

OK, I do like this car, but there are something's that are problems. First, when your a merging into traffic at around 20 mph, then you have to accelerate fast. Well you better mash down the accelerator hard, because otherwise it simply falls on it face. The dealer says its normal. Next when you park on a grade, put your transmission in park, you better figure the car will roll another foot before it stops. Dealers says this is normal. If you are over six feet tall, you better remember to bend your head down, otherwise you will hit it on the door frame. I bought this because it was a Ford, and a American vehicle. Future vehicle purchases might be different

Best car I have ever owned!
By kjb828 on 05/01/13 20:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Taurus SEL 6 months ago. It was a used rental car with 54,000 miles on it. It was like a new car. Exceptional in almost every way! Am 6'4" and have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals...very roomy front seat. Love this car and have had 42 cars in my life...I'm a car guy...what can I say?!? Though basic SEL with few options it is well equipped with what I want/need in car. As quiet as my previous 3 Lexus LS models, has a slightly firmer ride which I actually like and now at 57,000 miles it is just as great a car as it was when I bought it. Paid $13,992 and got a screaming deal! Great looking, great driving, great car....will have this one a very long time!

Love My Car
By bonusvalue on 02/01/12 18:03 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned another Ford Taurus and though really liked the car the transmission made me think I would never again own a ford, but so far this Taurus SEL make me change my mind about Ford. I drive at least 65 miles daily and I love it more each day

Love/Hate My Taurus
By kdawn on 10/31/11 17:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Taurus one year and have 38k miles on it. I use it for my job. I have had it in the shop 6+ times for transmission issues. It shifts very hard and hesitates going into gear, leaving me in unsafe situations. I love the look of my car. It's fun and sexy, but just very dissappointed in the service I have received. I am now dealing directly with Ford and am reviewing the ins/outs of the Lemon Law. I HAVE to have a safe vehicle as I am a mom and a grandma and I want to stay around for a while.

Solidily built and fun to drive
By nyer1 on 02/25/11 16:42 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned this 2011 SEL model since Aug 2010. 20K miles on it so far. Owned several Ford models since 1990. This is by far the best vehicle Ford has produced in a long time. Have owned Taurus' since 1995. All were OK. This car is more like a European sedan than anything Ford has ever produced. I live in the Northeast and we have all types of weather. This car has driven thru 5 major snow storms over the last 3mos. No problems and very secure during all weather conditions. Over the last 6mos, I have had more people ask me what type of car this was than any other vehicle I have ever owned. Only complaint is that at 6'6", the cockpit is a little snug. Overall, very happy with this car.

Absolutely the BEST!!!
By jaxflgymboi79 on 01/27/11 19:59 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have waited for over a year to buy this car. I had an '08 Fusion that I loved but couldn't stop thinking about the Taurus. I test drove it multiple times and every time it made me want it even more. I have had the car for less than a week and it is more than I could have ever expected in a car. My neighbors and co workers cannot believe it is a Taurus and how nice it is. I have had people in less than a week say how much nicer it is than Mercedez, Lexus, Acura, Infinity, BMW, and others like it. They are amazed at the luxury of this car. It has turned more heads in 4 days than anything I've ever driven. I hope this car lasts forever b/c i love this car and am a proud ford owner

Nice ride
By johnson on 10/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I consider myself a true car guy. And all I can say is wow. This car was put together with a driver in mind, the interior is awesome and driving this car is no different. Handling is great and stock power puts you easy into the 100 plus. Trunk space is the best I have seen. As a nascar fan, this looks like the real deal sitting in the garage. For a full size sedan, you forget how much you have under you with the power ratio. Cannot keep my hands from turning up the stereo. In my 40's and feel like I am in my 20's again.

Is it really a FORD?
By Mr.Bill on 07/29/10 07:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had the Taurus for ten months now and have 15,000 miles on it. I'm totally shocked that Ford has put out a vehicle of this quality and style. It's never been back to the dealer since I took delivery. Nothing more that oil changes, a tire rotation, and wiper blades. Excellent handling on the highway and a cavernous trunk for cargo. Controls are strategically placed, with the exception of the program buttons for digital displays. Wife complains of rough ride, but she's use to her BMW...and for twice the price it should be better. A great value for the price! I had Acura, Infiniti, Volvo, BMW and other "luxury cars”, for the price the Taurus is heads above the overpriced guys.

An affordable "luxury car"
By Jin on 07/26/10 01:48 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Upgrade from RAV4 to this big sedan, Taurus SEL, very quiet, powerful and roomy. When folding down your rear seat you can get almost the same trunk space as the RAV4,a compact size suv.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$123 per month*