Used 2011 Ford Taurus SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

its still early but loving it
By jaheem

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

about 3 days ago i traded in my crap 2008 chrysler 300 w/ 110k miles for this beauty! & i must say i am very impress so far! at 71k miles, better gas mileage, higher ground clearance, quieter cabin, etc. w/ the 300 i was at the pump filling up about every 2-3 days. but w/ this gem, carmax filled it for me friday, drove to college station from houston & back on saturday, then drove to galveston and back on sunday & im just above half of a tank! avg 27.9 mpgs so far! im 6'5 & i fit perfectly in it. i got mines is electric blue! & im not missing the 300 one bit, this one grabs peoples attention already! a later review in a few months to update when i pack on more miles on it!

everything so far!

none at the moment.

Lets be honest
By wildbill17

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

OK, I do like this car, but there are something's that are problems. First, when your a merging into traffic at around 20 mph, then you have to accelerate fast. Well you better mash down the accelerator hard, because otherwise it simply falls on it face. The dealer says its normal. Next when you park on a grade, put your transmission in park, you better figure the car will roll another foot before it stops. Dealers says this is normal. If you are over six feet tall, you better remember to bend your head down, otherwise you will hit it on the door frame. I bought this because it was a Ford, and a American vehicle. Future vehicle purchases might be different

Styling, ride, large trunk

Transmission, more drivers cabin space

Best car I have ever owned!
By kjb828

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Taurus SEL 6 months ago. It was a used rental car with 54,000 miles on it. It was like a new car. Exceptional in almost every way! Am 6'4" and have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals...very roomy front seat. Love this car and have had 42 cars in my life...I'm a car guy...what can I say?!? Though basic SEL with few options it is well equipped with what I want/need in car. As quiet as my previous 3 Lexus LS models, has a slightly firmer ride which I actually like and now at 57,000 miles it is just as great a car as it was when I bought it. Paid $13,992 and got a screaming deal! Great looking, great driving, great car....will have this one a very long time!

Love the room, the size of the trunk, the design, the quiet ride, and the ease of use of all features. I drive very short trips, 1 to 3 miles at a time, but still get over 21 mpg. And I have a heavy foot! Love the transmission. No problems at all in any way. I live in AZ and the AC is excellent! The engine is quiet and very responsive. All controls are within easy reach...clearly ergonomics of this car were studied and designed with great thought to driver needs. Passengers who don't know this is a Ford are amazed that it is a Taurus....thinking it is a much more up market car. After market options are readily available. Love my locking gas cap and rear spoiler...very subtle!

The only improvement is to find some way to improve rear visibility when backing up. Significant blind spots, so I have to be careful because I don't have the rear camera. Having said that, it would impact the design of the car which I think is exceptional! Other than that, I wouldn't change a a thing!

Love My Car
By bonusvalue

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned another Ford Taurus and though really liked the car the transmission made me think I would never again own a ford, but so far this Taurus SEL make me change my mind about Ford. I drive at least 65 miles daily and I love it more each day

I love all the features the only thing it does not have that I think I would like is nav and my ford touch but driving directions is available with this car and don't think about it much

The car started off quiet in the cabin and now I can hear road noise so I guess I would like to see it quieter.

Love/Hate My Taurus
By kdawn

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Taurus one year and have 38k miles on it. I use it for my job. I have had it in the shop 6+ times for transmission issues. It shifts very hard and hesitates going into gear, leaving me in unsafe situations. I love the look of my car. It's fun and sexy, but just very dissappointed in the service I have received. I am now dealing directly with Ford and am reviewing the ins/outs of the Lemon Law. I HAVE to have a safe vehicle as I am a mom and a grandma and I want to stay around for a while.

Remove the paddles from the steering wheel. Never used and not very appealing. Put a light in the glove box. Lower the hood a bit. It's hard to see out the front sometimes. Change the rearview mirror. It doesn't darken enough with bright headlights. Fix the seals on the bottom of the back doors. It throws dirt in the back seat. Re-design the panels on the front doors (where keyless entry pad is) - they come loose very easily.