2011 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Lets be honest
By wildbill17 on 07/16/13 17:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

OK, I do like this car, but there are something's that are problems. First, when your a merging into traffic at around 20 mph, then you have to accelerate fast. Well you better mash down the accelerator hard, because otherwise it simply falls on it face. The dealer says its normal. Next when you park on a grade, put your transmission in park, you better figure the car will roll another foot before it stops. Dealers says this is normal. If you are over six feet tall, you better remember to bend your head down, otherwise you will hit it on the door frame. I bought this because it was a Ford, and a American vehicle. Future vehicle purchases might be different

Best car I have ever owned!
By kjb828 on 05/01/13 20:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Taurus SEL 6 months ago. It was a used rental car with 54,000 miles on it. It was like a new car. Exceptional in almost every way! Am 6'4" and have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals...very roomy front seat. Love this car and have had 42 cars in my life...I'm a car guy...what can I say?!? Though basic SEL with few options it is well equipped with what I want/need in car. As quiet as my previous 3 Lexus LS models, has a slightly firmer ride which I actually like and now at 57,000 miles it is just as great a car as it was when I bought it. Paid $13,992 and got a screaming deal! Great looking, great driving, great car....will have this one a very long time!

Door seals/weather seals
By donald48 on 09/10/12 19:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had our car back for repairs for the poor sealing rear doors 5 times since we bought it new.If you drive these cars on any rural roads like we do in the summer you have to just about have anyone in the back seat wear a mask.The dust that comes in is terrible.This design was not tested, the excessive road noise on this model compared to the 2008 which I had is a huge increase. There will not be a repair done, Ford seems to be putting this off and hoping it will go away, instead they are loosing a lot of good customers who stayed with them for a good30 years like myself. My 1970 Ford F100 does not get as dusty in the cab as this car does.

Love My Car
By bonusvalue on 02/01/12 18:03 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned another Ford Taurus and though really liked the car the transmission made me think I would never again own a ford, but so far this Taurus SEL make me change my mind about Ford. I drive at least 65 miles daily and I love it more each day

2011 Ford Taurus Limited
By trukguy on 11/11/11 23:32 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a used Taurus Limited with 29K miles. Was an Enterprise rental. In absolutely new condition inside and out. Ford dealer had it priced at 28K but got it for 22.9K. Test drove it twice. Bested the new 2011 Fusion that I also test drove. My only complaint is that it is quiet on smooth asphalt & concrete roads but had annoying cabin noise when driving over rough asphalt/concrete, bumps, and rough dirt roads. Tire noise & every little bump could be heard. All functions worked perfectly. Backup camera display in rearview mirror is excellent. Backup warning also great. So far, love this car despite the cabin noise.

Love/Hate My Taurus
By kdawn on 10/31/11 17:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Taurus one year and have 38k miles on it. I use it for my job. I have had it in the shop 6+ times for transmission issues. It shifts very hard and hesitates going into gear, leaving me in unsafe situations. I love the look of my car. It's fun and sexy, but just very dissappointed in the service I have received. I am now dealing directly with Ford and am reviewing the ins/outs of the Lemon Law. I HAVE to have a safe vehicle as I am a mom and a grandma and I want to stay around for a while.

I love my car!
By bayway48 on 09/10/11 15:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been drooling at the new Taurus since it re-emerged in 09. I rented an SEL twice for family trips. However, never thought I would buy one. The Mustang was on top of the list. I bought my Limited back in June. Since then, I have been on a road trip to Oklahoma to visit family and we drove my car the whole time. Couldn't get my sister out of the driver's seat. In July, my brother and I took a 6,000 mile road trip through MO, TN, Smoky Mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway. Couldn't get him out of the driver's seat. Bottom line, this is one of Ford's finest. Beamers, Lexus, Audi, et al, you have been matched. Everyone wants to race me when I drive to work. I just sit back and smile. Awesome!

2011 SEL
By brachmw on 04/03/11 16:38 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my SEL for 6 months now. Can't say enough about it with the possible exception that big and tall drivers will be a little cramped on the driver's side. I am used to spacing my legs out side to side, but it is difficult in this one.

Not so great a Buy
By dans10 on 03/27/11 21:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While many on here seem to have gotten a decent car, mine has not been that good. I purchased the car and had to schedule a service visit within 4 hours, car has a vibration and shimmy at highway speeds and considerable more noticeable in curve. Ford has had this car in there shop longer then I have had it in my garage. It's in now for it's second visit for the same issue with the local dealer here trying to push it out the door with no fix for the issue. The lines on the car are good, however a crooked installation on the windshield detracts. I am considering going down the lemon law route with this car at this point and wouldn't recommend this car to others.... PASS ON THIS ONE

homerun for ford
By vjd2211 on 02/27/11 10:51 AM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

500 miles on it and impressed by the fuel mileage coming as advertized (23-24mpg suburban, 26-28 highway at 65mph) also initial quality very good

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$116 per month*