2011 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Good acceleration, not as fun as Speed 6 or G8 GXP
By costeld on 06/02/12 14:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I may be one of the few people who have owned a Mazdaspeed 6, a new Taurus SHO, and a Pontiac G8 GXP with manual. I lost the Speed 6 in a divorce, downgraded for a while to a police interceptor (fun to abuse b/c its cheap), then bought a 2011 Taurus SHO with performance package in october of 2010. Mine had most options, only lacking adaptive cruise control (I think). I got a good deal on it (had to cross shop 4 dealers from 200 to 1000 miles away), but walked out $8000 under MSRP. I loved all the luxury features (not a Lincoln after all) and fresh styling. Overall a good value. However, I regretted not buying the G8 gxp instead (was hard to find) and eventually sold SHO for the GXP.

So So SHO - not reliable
By ralloyd on 12/10/11 20:41 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Beautiful vehicle although too many safety issues. Sensor in the engine was bad and it took Ford 3 months to diagnose and repair the problem. The vehicle shuts off randomly and Ford has no solution for repair. Now the roof leaks. Not a happy Ford customer at this time. My SHO is a lemon!

SHO for the long legs, is worth the extra money and beats all foreign comparables hands down.
By 100kmileman on 08/28/11 12:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall this car is underrated by this site, JD Powers, and consumer reports. What you get for the money is far more than what is advertised. For me Ford finishes ahead of Lexus, BMW, Infinity, and Audi. Honda and Toyota are just not in the same class to me, they can't compete. Sizing: I consider myself a very picky driver that is extra tall. I wear a 38" inseem pant, and I fit. Still want 6 inches more but overall good. Go with the extra seat adjustments if you are tall. Performance: I hate driving behind Toyota, Honda and Ford Fusion drivers-slow and no confidence. I pass them with ease with this American muscle. It fits how I drive. Warning - The SHO is not for the timid.

Very Pleased
By Bob on 08/16/10 13:21 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Very Glad I bought this car. Handling defies its size and the ride is that of a limo's. Trunk is massive and the styling is very sexy in and out.

Fix the rear seat
By Zach on 08/16/10 13:09 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

All in all this vehicle is very nice. Pleasant interior design, smooth ride, ample passing power on the freeway, good handling, and many other positive attributes. Rear seat space however is disappointing. My passengers complain of having there knees raised and there heads craned. I have also noticed that their legs protrude into the front seats causing large humps into the seat which is very uncomfortable. The trunk is also hard to open without making smudge marks. Besides that the cars great and Fords done a great job.

Love my SHO!
By NHChris on 08/14/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, picked up a week ago and really enjoy it. Had an Infinity M35 prior, and this car is equally as nice for thousands less. Very comfortable, very quiet, fun to drive with the SHO performance package.

SHO is Great!
By NHChris on 08/11/10 08:26 AM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up my 2011 SHO last week and what a great car. Comfortable, quiet, great "get up and go," with decent or better gas mileage than the standard V6. The sync hands free call quality is the best I've seen/heard. Am still figuring out and playing with all the Sync features. Everyone that has sat in this car says the front seats are the most comfortable that they have ever sat in, and I agree (except that the headrest seems to stick too far forward for tall people). Who knows what the long term reliability of the car will be, but this car is very fun to drive (I have the SHO sport package) and I would highly recommend checking one out if you are in the market for a large sedan.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$136 per month*