Used 2011 Ford Taurus Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great car but......
By evilalcalde

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The serious fault with the 2011 Taurus Limited is that it as ALL electronic. That means that if the battery dies with the doors locked, you may not be able to exit the vehicle. There is no manual override for opening the doors from inside. The same is true for the trunk, where most keep jumper cables. If you live near water and a collision sends you into a lake, river etc because the battery fails, or vehicle catches fire, you will have to break the windows to escape. Maybe not a problem in Kansas, but I live in SW Florida. While a situation did happen, it fortunately was on land.

Favorite Features

Everything else is on a par with or exceeds my last vehicle, a 2001 Seville STS, which was also "loaded" with accessories, GPS, Nav, etc

Suggested Improvements

For safety, there must be an override for the door locks and while not a safety issue, for the trunk as well.

2011 Ford Taurus Limited
By trukguy

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a used Taurus Limited with 29K miles. Was an Enterprise rental. In absolutely new condition inside and out. Ford dealer had it priced at 28K but got it for 22.9K. Test drove it twice. Bested the new 2011 Fusion that I also test drove. My only complaint is that it is quiet on smooth asphalt & concrete roads but had annoying cabin noise when driving over rough asphalt/concrete, bumps, and rough dirt roads. Tire noise & every little bump could be heard. All functions worked perfectly. Backup camera display in rearview mirror is excellent. Backup warning also great. So far, love this car despite the cabin noise.

Favorite Features

Info display below the speedometer - miles-to-go before tank empty is great. Full system check info. External lit keypad next to driver's door. Wireless key fob features. Good sound system:AM/FM, Sirrius, CD, Aux input from Input Jack. Traction Control can be turned On/Off. Excellent acceleration from the V6.

Suggested Improvements

No analog oil pressure or battery charge meters. I don't like"idiot" lights for these functions. Internal rear view mirror view is limited due to large trunk lid but the backup camera and the backup warning system allow you to see what's directly behind the car - but only when shift is in reverse. Wish the backup camera could be turned on at any time. Annoying tire and road noise on rough roads. Needs more rear-wheel sound isolation.

I love my car!
By bayway48

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been drooling at the new Taurus since it re-emerged in 09. I rented an SEL twice for family trips. However, never thought I would buy one. The Mustang was on top of the list. I bought my Limited back in June. Since then, I have been on a road trip to Oklahoma to visit family and we drove my car the whole time. Couldn't get my sister out of the driver's seat. In July, my brother and I took a 6,000 mile road trip through MO, TN, Smoky Mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway. Couldn't get him out of the driver's seat. Bottom line, this is one of Ford's finest. Beamers, Lexus, Audi, et al, you have been matched. Everyone wants to race me when I drive to work. I just sit back and smile. Awesome!

Favorite Features

Sony sound system, Sych, 19 inch tires, Navigational System, rearview camera. It's all super!

Suggested Improvements

Put a cap on the gas intake. It still makes me nervous with the auto fill.

Not so great a Buy
By dans10

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

While many on here seem to have gotten a decent car, mine has not been that good. I purchased the car and had to schedule a service visit within 4 hours, car has a vibration and shimmy at highway speeds and considerable more noticeable in curve. Ford has had this car in there shop longer then I have had it in my garage. It's in now for it's second visit for the same issue with the local dealer here trying to push it out the door with no fix for the issue. The lines on the car are good, however a crooked installation on the windshield detracts. I am considering going down the lemon law route with this car at this point and wouldn't recommend this car to others.... PASS ON THIS ONE

Favorite Features

I enjoyed the entertainment and Nav system in the vehicle, had more functionality then most other vehicles I looked at. Overall style is very good, I wish the mechanicals under the looks could match.

Suggested Improvements

Need to train Ford mechanics on how to work on these cars, they don't seem very bright at this point

homerun for ford
By vjd2211

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

500 miles on it and impressed by the fuel mileage coming as advertized (23-24mpg suburban, 26-28 highway at 65mph) also initial quality very good

Favorite Features

navigation with weather and traffic side mirrors showing if any problem with blind spots adaptive cruise control with collision avoidance

Suggested Improvements

rear seats have not enough foot clearance for such a large car a six seat version of the car(3+3) is also desirable