Used 2011 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

its still early but loving it
By jaheem

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

about 3 days ago i traded in my crap 2008 chrysler 300 w/ 110k miles for this beauty! & i must say i am very impress so far! at 71k miles, better gas mileage, higher ground clearance, quieter cabin, etc. w/ the 300 i was at the pump filling up about every 2-3 days. but w/ this gem, carmax filled it for me friday, drove to college station from houston & back on saturday, then drove to galveston and back on sunday & im just above half of a tank! avg 27.9 mpgs so far! im 6'5 & i fit perfectly in it. i got mines is electric blue! & im not missing the 300 one bit, this one grabs peoples attention already! a later review in a few months to update when i pack on more miles on it!

everything so far!

none at the moment.

Great car but......
By evilalcalde

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The serious fault with the 2011 Taurus Limited is that it as ALL electronic. That means that if the battery dies with the doors locked, you may not be able to exit the vehicle. There is no manual override for opening the doors from inside. The same is true for the trunk, where most keep jumper cables. If you live near water and a collision sends you into a lake, river etc because the battery fails, or vehicle catches fire, you will have to break the windows to escape. Maybe not a problem in Kansas, but I live in SW Florida. While a situation did happen, it fortunately was on land.

Everything else is on a par with or exceeds my last vehicle, a 2001 Seville STS, which was also "loaded" with accessories, GPS, Nav, etc

For safety, there must be an override for the door locks and while not a safety issue, for the trunk as well.

Lets be honest
By wildbill17

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

OK, I do like this car, but there are something's that are problems. First, when your a merging into traffic at around 20 mph, then you have to accelerate fast. Well you better mash down the accelerator hard, because otherwise it simply falls on it face. The dealer says its normal. Next when you park on a grade, put your transmission in park, you better figure the car will roll another foot before it stops. Dealers says this is normal. If you are over six feet tall, you better remember to bend your head down, otherwise you will hit it on the door frame. I bought this because it was a Ford, and a American vehicle. Future vehicle purchases might be different

Styling, ride, large trunk

Transmission, more drivers cabin space

Best car I have ever owned!
By kjb828

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Taurus SEL 6 months ago. It was a used rental car with 54,000 miles on it. It was like a new car. Exceptional in almost every way! Am 6'4" and have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals...very roomy front seat. Love this car and have had 42 cars in my life...I'm a car guy...what can I say?!? Though basic SEL with few options it is well equipped with what I want/need in car. As quiet as my previous 3 Lexus LS models, has a slightly firmer ride which I actually like and now at 57,000 miles it is just as great a car as it was when I bought it. Paid $13,992 and got a screaming deal! Great looking, great driving, great car....will have this one a very long time!

Love the room, the size of the trunk, the design, the quiet ride, and the ease of use of all features. I drive very short trips, 1 to 3 miles at a time, but still get over 21 mpg. And I have a heavy foot! Love the transmission. No problems at all in any way. I live in AZ and the AC is excellent! The engine is quiet and very responsive. All controls are within easy reach...clearly ergonomics of this car were studied and designed with great thought to driver needs. Passengers who don't know this is a Ford are amazed that it is a Taurus....thinking it is a much more up market car. After market options are readily available. Love my locking gas cap and rear spoiler...very subtle!

The only improvement is to find some way to improve rear visibility when backing up. Significant blind spots, so I have to be careful because I don't have the rear camera. Having said that, it would impact the design of the car which I think is exceptional! Other than that, I wouldn't change a a thing!

Door seals/weather seals
By donald48

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had our car back for repairs for the poor sealing rear doors 5 times since we bought it new.If you drive these cars on any rural roads like we do in the summer you have to just about have anyone in the back seat wear a mask.The dust that comes in is terrible.This design was not tested, the excessive road noise on this model compared to the 2008 which I had is a huge increase. There will not be a repair done, Ford seems to be putting this off and hoping it will go away, instead they are loosing a lot of good customers who stayed with them for a good30 years like myself. My 1970 Ford F100 does not get as dusty in the cab as this car does.

The car on awhole is excellant, we like it or we would not have bought it.I had an 05 500 to start with, then the 08 Taurus which was also a very nice car, only thing we had with it was the trans, I did not like this trans for mountain driving, could not shift it down. The 2011 has the 6 speed with the shifters, great improvement but why not do a decent door seal This car is comfortable, has the heat/cool seals, lots of room, massage is nice as is the rear cam.

fix the door seals. the calipers have a tendency to pickup small stones which make a lot of loud noise until they are either removed or ground up.Is it possible to guard this area to stop some of these stones from getting in the calipers