2011 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car but......
By evilalcalde on 07/29/14 14:07 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The serious fault with the 2011 Taurus Limited is that it as ALL electronic. That means that if the battery dies with the doors locked, you may not be able to exit the vehicle. There is no manual override for opening the doors from inside. The same is true for the trunk, where most keep jumper cables. If you live near water and a collision sends you into a lake, river etc because the battery fails, or vehicle catches fire, you will have to break the windows to escape. Maybe not a problem in Kansas, but I live in SW Florida. While a situation did happen, it fortunately was on land.

Lets be honest
By wildbill17 on 07/16/13 17:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

OK, I do like this car, but there are something's that are problems. First, when your a merging into traffic at around 20 mph, then you have to accelerate fast. Well you better mash down the accelerator hard, because otherwise it simply falls on it face. The dealer says its normal. Next when you park on a grade, put your transmission in park, you better figure the car will roll another foot before it stops. Dealers says this is normal. If you are over six feet tall, you better remember to bend your head down, otherwise you will hit it on the door frame. I bought this because it was a Ford, and a American vehicle. Future vehicle purchases might be different

Best car I have ever owned!
By kjb828 on 05/01/13 20:05 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2011 Taurus SEL 6 months ago. It was a used rental car with 54,000 miles on it. It was like a new car. Exceptional in almost every way! Am 6'4" and have to move the seat forward to reach the pedals...very roomy front seat. Love this car and have had 42 cars in my life...I'm a car guy...what can I say?!? Though basic SEL with few options it is well equipped with what I want/need in car. As quiet as my previous 3 Lexus LS models, has a slightly firmer ride which I actually like and now at 57,000 miles it is just as great a car as it was when I bought it. Paid $13,992 and got a screaming deal! Great looking, great driving, great car....will have this one a very long time!

Door seals/weather seals
By donald48 on 09/10/12 19:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had our car back for repairs for the poor sealing rear doors 5 times since we bought it new.If you drive these cars on any rural roads like we do in the summer you have to just about have anyone in the back seat wear a mask.The dust that comes in is terrible.This design was not tested, the excessive road noise on this model compared to the 2008 which I had is a huge increase. There will not be a repair done, Ford seems to be putting this off and hoping it will go away, instead they are loosing a lot of good customers who stayed with them for a good30 years like myself. My 1970 Ford F100 does not get as dusty in the cab as this car does.

Good acceleration, not as fun as Speed 6 or G8 GXP
By costeld on 06/02/12 14:33 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I may be one of the few people who have owned a Mazdaspeed 6, a new Taurus SHO, and a Pontiac G8 GXP with manual. I lost the Speed 6 in a divorce, downgraded for a while to a police interceptor (fun to abuse b/c its cheap), then bought a 2011 Taurus SHO with performance package in october of 2010. Mine had most options, only lacking adaptive cruise control (I think). I got a good deal on it (had to cross shop 4 dealers from 200 to 1000 miles away), but walked out $8000 under MSRP. I loved all the luxury features (not a Lincoln after all) and fresh styling. Overall a good value. However, I regretted not buying the G8 gxp instead (was hard to find) and eventually sold SHO for the GXP.

Love My Car
By bonusvalue on 02/01/12 18:03 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned another Ford Taurus and though really liked the car the transmission made me think I would never again own a ford, but so far this Taurus SEL make me change my mind about Ford. I drive at least 65 miles daily and I love it more each day

So So SHO - not reliable
By ralloyd on 12/10/11 20:41 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Beautiful vehicle although too many safety issues. Sensor in the engine was bad and it took Ford 3 months to diagnose and repair the problem. The vehicle shuts off randomly and Ford has no solution for repair. Now the roof leaks. Not a happy Ford customer at this time. My SHO is a lemon!

2011 Ford Taurus Limited
By trukguy on 11/11/11 23:32 PM (PST)

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought a used Taurus Limited with 29K miles. Was an Enterprise rental. In absolutely new condition inside and out. Ford dealer had it priced at 28K but got it for 22.9K. Test drove it twice. Bested the new 2011 Fusion that I also test drove. My only complaint is that it is quiet on smooth asphalt & concrete roads but had annoying cabin noise when driving over rough asphalt/concrete, bumps, and rough dirt roads. Tire noise & every little bump could be heard. All functions worked perfectly. Backup camera display in rearview mirror is excellent. Backup warning also great. So far, love this car despite the cabin noise.

Love/Hate My Taurus
By kdawn on 10/31/11 17:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Taurus one year and have 38k miles on it. I use it for my job. I have had it in the shop 6+ times for transmission issues. It shifts very hard and hesitates going into gear, leaving me in unsafe situations. I love the look of my car. It's fun and sexy, but just very dissappointed in the service I have received. I am now dealing directly with Ford and am reviewing the ins/outs of the Lemon Law. I HAVE to have a safe vehicle as I am a mom and a grandma and I want to stay around for a while.

I love my car!
By bayway48 on 09/10/11 15:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been drooling at the new Taurus since it re-emerged in 09. I rented an SEL twice for family trips. However, never thought I would buy one. The Mustang was on top of the list. I bought my Limited back in June. Since then, I have been on a road trip to Oklahoma to visit family and we drove my car the whole time. Couldn't get my sister out of the driver's seat. In July, my brother and I took a 6,000 mile road trip through MO, TN, Smoky Mountains and Blue Ridge Parkway. Couldn't get him out of the driver's seat. Bottom line, this is one of Ford's finest. Beamers, Lexus, Audi, et al, you have been matched. Everyone wants to race me when I drive to work. I just sit back and smile. Awesome!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$112 per month*