Transmission slips since new
By edgogo on
2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
After reading the reviews here I have come to the conclusion I am the only one who has trouble with my transmission slipping. I have been having trouble since I had 11 miles on the car and almost a year later it still hasn't been fixed. I have been told it needs to have more miles on it or it needs to adjust to the driver. It is scary when you try to pull out into traffic and you give it the gas and you coast into the intersection. It doesn't do it often but you don't want to rely on it to work properly either.
Favorite Features
Quiet and comfortable ride.. Don't think I will buy another one though.
Suggested Improvements
Need a more reliable transmission!
By nemabear
on 10/01/13 18:35 PM (PDT)

Actually, you are not the only one having trouble with the transmission, I have same problem and have been told the same thing "has to get used to the driver", really?, should be used to me after a year, slips on acceleration around 35-45 mph and sometimes when pulling out into traffic (safety issue?) ford "reset" the transmission with their electronic device 3 times and still does it, in addition, live on 1 mile of gravel, there is more dust inside my car when I drive home then left on the road and depending upon the day, dust pours out wheel wells when I open my door to get out, and if that's not bad enough, vents don't "seal", dust will blow out my vents as though it is being vacuumed into my car when I drive on gravel regardless of whether or not I have the air or heat on or off! I actually had to pull over once because literally couldn't see the road with thick dust filtering in through the vents obstructing my vision and breathing, pretty sure I'm not selling my country home and moving to town, ford taurus is going down the road, never had this issue with any car I've owned and I've owned alot of them, yes, it looks "sharp", other than gears slipping, drives good, lots of bells and whistles and compliments but not worth the hassle anymore, other cars have the same options without these "problems". Ford Dealer can't seem to figure out what's wrong either and I'm not putting more money into it. Almost forgot, final straw is sunroof leaking during a steady rain, water will seep through my CLOSED sunroof and soak into headliner, drip through overhead council, visors, and headliner above doors, last time was the worst, soaking into my leather seats and onto floor. Not even going to waste my time on fixing the ridiculous problems on this vehicle anymore (You'd think by now FORD could figure out how to make a car that doesn't have these problems!) Trading it off first opportunity I get and wont be buying another one, based on other customer reviews on 2010/2011 Ford Taurus, I'm not the only one who has experienced these problems. TOO BAD FORD DOESN'T GET OUR COMMENTS DIRECTLY SENT TO THEM. :)