2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Pleasently surprised

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Review

Pleasently surprised
By watashi on

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I ordered my Taurus Sel last June and received delivery on September 22. the SEL is very well equipped as is. The only thing I added was leather interior. I am very impressed with the handling qualities and the suspension.The ride almost has a sport feel. It is firm yet not harsh. The engine does an excellent job pulling it along with little effort despite the 4,000 pound weight. The 6 speed transmission is very smooth shifting through the gears. You wouldn't know it was shifting if you were'nt watching the tach. With the cruise control set, the transmission will down shift on steep descents in order to maintain the set speed. I also like the manual overide feature.

Engine and transmission working together to produce maximim efficiency. I averaged 25 MPG on my first tank of gas driving in mountainous terrain. The car handles the curves with very little input and no body roll.

More storage compartments near the front seats for things like maps, sun glasses, trash bag, etc. The glove compartment and the door pockets are not adequate to handle the items needed for traveling.