2010 Ford Taurus 3.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Outstanding

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

Outstanding
By Mike Martins on

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Formerly drove a Mercedes E350. When it came time for a new car, I compared a new E350, BMW530, Caddy CTS, Buick LaCrosse, Ford Taurus, and Audi A6 (AWD and loaded versions of each). After driving them all, there is simply no comparison as to the value and features of the Taurus compared to the other cars. Interior room and quietness are far superior in the Ford. Driving manners for such a large car are superb and the ECO Boost engine provides great power for both accelerating and highway passing. Gas mileage so far has been 24 MPG which is comparable to my 'old' Mercedes however the 'new' Taurus is substantially larger so I feel that the mileage is outstanding. Absolutely a great car.

Favorite Features

SYNC system (with navigation), backup camera, cross traffic alert when backing out, blind spot warning, cooled seats, 20 inch wheels, and the adaptive cruise control (use it once and you will be hooked!). A comparably equipped MB or BMW would run $20K more and personally I prefer the Taurus.

Suggested Improvements

Two very small items: have there be an option for all leather seats (without the suede inserts) and the option a heated steering wheel. For you car 'snobs' out there, I recommend you test drive a loaded SHO before discounting it as a worthy competitor to a E or 5 series german car.