2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Great car except for the rear

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Review

Great car except for the rear legroom
By pomp on

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My criteria was a large sedan with a big trunk and AWD made in the USA. Previous car a 2007 Caddy Deville. I want minimum road feel. I was worried about the low sidewall tires(45). They are OK. Still potholes punch through but overall the ride is very quite, as good as the caddy. Trunk space is voluminous but the opening is small and the floor has a well which your golf clubs strattle.The drive train is smooth. never hear engine revs. LTD comes with paddle shifters which are completely useless. Never use them. maybe the SHO crowd thinks there cool. Rear seat legroom is ridiculous for this size car. Front seats have to be half way fwd to give min. legroom for the rear.

Favorite Features

redactive cruise control worth the money for highway drivers. Works perfect. Crash alert actually can save you. Very smooth comfortable highway ride. I like the look of this car. Got lots of compliments so its not just me.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat leg room probably not fixable. Headroom getting in is limited. Back up sensors too sensitive. Every time you are in reverse they will startle you. Had to deactivate them. Not much to complain about with this car.