2010 Ford Taurus 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Ford really has a winner

2010 Ford Taurus SHO - Consumer Review

Ford really has a winner here.
By keithm on

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I just bought a fully loaded SHO. Extremely fast without the "floaty" feel of the '08 Sable that I traded in. The Sable was a great car, but I wanted some real sportiness. It has the Platinum tricoat finish, which looks great. The interior is the Charcoal/Umber color combo usually seen in the brochure. I didn't come with the Performance package (which prevents getting Adaptive cruise, Rainsense wipers, among other options). I guess the performance package gives you stiffer suspension, summer performance tires (meaning you need winter tires up north) a little faster off the starting block (though this car is among the fastest I ever drove). Can't justify the additional 10K for the Lincoln MKS.

Favorite Features

Adaptive Cruise Control, HID head lights,"Rainsense" wiper feature, "Contouring" seats. Very fast, no "Turbo Lag" at all.

Suggested Improvements

The head rests are right at the back of your head. It doesn't bother me, but I'm sure some won't like it. Power telescoping/tilt wheel. Lincoln has it, just make it an option.