2010 Ford Taurus 3.5L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Almost Perfect

2010 Ford Taurus SHO - Consumer Review

Almost Perfect
By arlen on

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Here is a car that has the room and class of most luxury cars, has more technical features than any other car in it's class (and more than most others period). It has better performance than a Mustang GT and I got 29.7 mpg on a recent trip from Michigan to Arizona. Obviously, the neatest thing is the performance. With the torque curve absolutely flat at 350 lbs. ft. from 1500 to 5500 rpm, acceleration is spectacular in any gear. I have a 2008 Lexus IS 350 (not slow) and the Taurus is far more fun to drive.

Favorite Features

Performance -- 13.5 sec. at local drag strip in Arizona. Technology - so many electronic toys I barely have time to drive. Appearance - more than 50 people have asked about, sit in, opened the hood, kept me from getting gas, and followed me in the parking lot. One guy ordered the exact same car.

Suggested Improvements

Some of the electronics can not be played with while driving, only when the car is at 8 mph or less. I have never had a car that is so perfect for me as this one is. Keeper.