Used 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

The best car I've ever owned
By rjkid

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best handling car I've ever owned.It's fun to drive and has a very smooth ride. Both the interior and exterior of the 2010 Ford Taurus rival much more expensive "luxury" models. Great work Ford!

Henry would be proud!
By oldtarheel

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good job Ford - great car! Just drove 1000 mile trip through mountains and got 28+ mpg at 70-75 mph - terrific for such a big heavy car! Great handling, comfortable seats, smooth ride. Love the SIRIUS radio. I don't get some of the comments about the csr being cheap? Ford got it right this time.

Favorite Features

SIRIUS radio, comfortable seats, great styling, shift paddles, center console is great as an armrest and super storage, radio is awesome, good fuel mileage, love the smaller windows and feel safe in this big heavy car.

Suggested Improvements

Put a couple of indentations in the Ford emblem on the trunk so that you can pull the trunk lid down with your fingers easier.

Love this car ...
By Mike

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was the first car to be sold from the dealership. I was apprehensive with my experience with Escape. But I saw it loved and wanted it. This is a very comfortable car and spacious. I luv the seats, compared to the wimpy seats of imports. Love the paddle wheel shifters, real easy to use. SYNC works well enough with my iPhone and has been fun for kids and us. The interior, lighting and features are more like Lincoln than conventional Ford. So we get the luxury at a bargain. Trunk is humongous and kids love rear seat space.

Favorite Features

Ride, SYNC, Spacious and well designed interior, awesome seats, cap less fuel tank, paddle wheel shifter, huge trunk ..

Suggested Improvements

Smaller windows and the placement of the rear view mirrors on front doors obstruct view while turning. Better calibration / tuning of engine shifting.

Fix The Interior And It's A Winner
By Nicky T

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The interior design on this car is lacking. The center console is WAY TOO BIG and wastes a lot of valuable space. I wish I had taken the time to rent one before I bought this but unfortunately I'll have to put up with the interior the way it is. Otherwise, it is a really solid car

Favorite Features

Everything but the interior comfort level

Suggested Improvements

Either reduce the size of the console or make a bench seat available. A car this size should have the ability to seat six without wasting space on a useless console.

Tough Grader/Good Vehicle
By Oldnavycdr

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The scores given above are relative to world class vehicles so understand that I'm fairly tough. Overall, I am delighted with the Taurus. The ride is smooth, the steering is nicely weighted -- especially for an electric steering system, it is very quiet, and front seating is extremely comfortable - - in town or on the road. And trunk passes the 3 golf bag test. It does fall down in rear seat room and headroom although I'm less concerned because I do the driving! Materials used in the storage console are very poor and cheapen an otherwise quality interior. Perhaps extend the wood grain theme here and stiffen the structure. But most of all create more storage! Shift paddles are stupid.

Favorite Features

Nav, Sync. 185 page manual for just these! The sound system is great! heated/cooled seats, adaptive cruise really works well. Comfort and ride. Auto headligts handy, power seats are effective, power adjust pedals also nice. Keyless entry/push button start.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the console storage. The size vs. storage is really poor and the plastic is cheap. While I like the keyless/push button start feature, build a receptical for the fob like BMW has.