2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Massive Consul
By Ken Andersen on 12/21/09 15:09 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like everything about the new car except that massive center consul.. In my opinion way to big as my legs hit it while driving and it's a nuisance. Also bring back the bench seat option. More room in the front seat for people hta are over 6' tall nad wider than average.

good comfort and fun to drive
By michael actor on 12/21/09 09:06 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

best ford that I owned in many years

Beautiful and very powerful
By nimans on 12/18/09 15:29 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car to replace my 2003 Maxima. The one thing that brought me in was the attractive design and the powerful engine. This car is big and heavy, but the engine makes it fly. The fuel economy is impressive considering the size and weight of the car. It's very comfortable, very smooth and very quiet. I'm very impressed with Ford.

awesome
By jmtdawg on 12/17/09 08:27 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After driving an '06 Five Hundred for last 4 years I felt confident that the new Taurus would be every bit as good as my Five Hundred. I purchased an SEL a week ago and it has exceeded my expectations. This is a fun car to drive and turns heads quite often. At this early stage of ownership the gas mileage is looking real good - 30 on the highway and about 22 riding around in town. The "Sync" system is great! I never had satalite radio before and now I know what all the buzz is about with it......no need for CD listening for the most part. I looked at more expensive cars but the Taurus was and is the winner. Great job Ford!!!!

An Alternative to German cars
By Frank Reitz on 12/15/09 20:06 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I wanted a full-sized car with AWD. The SHO was $20K+ less than the Germans. Traded in a 07 Avalon that I loved. The SHO is everything the Toyo is and more. The other reviews (SHOs) say it all but don't convey the feel of the car. Fully loaded with people and fuel it's almost 5000 lbs (!) but runs great. I love it. My wife has started using it more than her car.

So close
By Road Warrior on 12/11/09 21:27 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

59K miles on a‘08, 1000 miles on my ’10 this week. ‘10 Taurus is structurally a ‘08 with lipstick. ‘08Taurus was commodious. 6'3" & I was comfortable in rear of the '08, no way in the ‘10. The Fusion only has one inch less rear leg room than the new Taurus! Ford chopped the roof for zoom zoom” design. Small outside mirrors and large headrests create a bad visibility problem. Outward vision is akin to a machine gun bunker. If we cut you off on the highway; it’s not intentional we just can’t see you. The old Taurus had lots of storage for CD's, GPS, chargers, PC power supply, snacks, etc. Not the ‘10. Why delete the overhead sunglass receptacle?! Nice car, could have been great.

Better but still has flaws
By Steven SF on 12/06/09 23:50 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The only thing that I really have to complain about is the ride quality. I have driven a lot of cars with "performance" suspensions. This Taurus rides a lot like an SUV. Ford, you need to do some more calibration work. Shock rebound is weak. Roll stability under road undulations is just like an SUV. If the target market was to satisfy an SUV owner, you hit the mark. If the target is to reach buyers of a Honda, BMW or Mercedes, you are far off the mark. Rest of the car feels a lot like the Volvo S80 platform. Good European feel but not up to the best of Germany or Japan. Don't get me wrong. This is the best Taurus I've driven. It's at 9/10th ready.

Sensational
By Richard on 12/04/09 13:53 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The SHO is everything I ever wanted in a big sedan. It is very fast, very comfortable and has every electronic gismo known to modern cars. The fit and finish are second to none. What I don't get is the problem with the headrests. I see nothing wrong with the seating position in the SHO. I suggest you sit in one for yourself and do not be influenced by some of the posts you read. This car is a real bargain considering what you get for the money. Way to go Ford, you really hit a home run with the 2010 SHO>

Great experience
By deb on 11/26/09 08:11 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was so surprised to see the changes Ford has made in their mid-size cars. I owned a Lincoln Mark 8 for 11 years. I test drove everying under the sun...all high end cars costing 38-60 thousand. I was so impressed with the NEW taurus limited and the Price was excellent for all the style and interior excellence. AND 0% interest for 36 months! You gotta see this and test drive. I bought it and LOVE it.

Great Vehicle
By sas260 on 11/24/09 02:26 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is by far the best vehicle value on the market today. The styling, performance, comfort and quality are all spot on. The technology will blow you away! The sync system finally brings a system to market that you can use when it is intended to be used, while you are driving. The voice recognition is accurate 90 percent of the time. Everyone that hear I bought a Ford Taurus is stunned at first, but then goes into shock when they see it and drive it. For me, I get all the luxury and quality of higher end imports, at a great price and I can proudly say I bought an American car once again.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$130 per month*