Used 2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Most Helpful|
Transmission slips since new
By edgogo

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

After reading the reviews here I have come to the conclusion I am the only one who has trouble with my transmission slipping. I have been having trouble since I had 11 miles on the car and almost a year later it still hasn't been fixed. I have been told it needs to have more miles on it or it needs to adjust to the driver. It is scary when you try to pull out into traffic and you give it the gas and you coast into the intersection. It doesn't do it often but you don't want to rely on it to work properly either.

Favorite Features

Quiet and comfortable ride.. Don't think I will buy another one though.

Suggested Improvements

Need a more reliable transmission!

Flawed head restraint design
By Kurt

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The head restraint is unbearable for me. For some it is fine so be sure you test it well. It took me an hour to figure out I can't drive this car but it was too late. Ford's position is that it was done for safety and government regulation. That is all true but the headrest design is flawed. I love the drive and performance overall, unfortunately will need to get rid of the car because of the torture of sitting in it.

Favorite Features

Great performance. Great power steering.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the headrest design.

Interior design is terrible
By John

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Who designed the interior? All glitz and looks, poor function and space usage. The front console and dash waste space. Several passengers commented how claustrophobic the front seat space is. HUGE blind spots particularly B-pillar. Buttons galore on center stack with no thought apparently to making them easy to find or use intuitively or without looking. Interior door handles are knuckle-breakers, front door opening has big bump-out along back edge that seems to ALWAYS catch a hip or arm on the way in or out. If seat is adjusted high enough for comfortable driving, it's too high to get in and out without hitting my head on the roof edge. Can't tilt wheel out of the way easily either.

Favorite Features

Outside looks. That's it.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the (ergonomics) drawing board on the interior. I don't care if it's Italian leather and burled honey chestnut trim with soft white LEDs bathing it in glorious light, if it's not usable, what good are pretties?

Ford's New Flagship
By RaceBannon

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really love my new Taurus. I have an SEL FWD, took it on a highway trip yesterday and the ride is more smooth and quiet than the Mercedes C Class I just traded in for it. Needed a bigger family sedan for hauling kids around and the Taurus definitely delivers in this category. I can easily fit 3 car seats in back, or 3 adults for that matter. Performance is great with good acceleration both from a stop and at highway speeds. The car corners well for such a large sedan.

Favorite Features

All the tech gadgetry, the Synch feature, the blue/purple interior running and floorboard lights, free Sirius satellite radio (for 6 mos). The interior styling and size.

Suggested Improvements

Poor visibility to the rear and a large blind spot.

Not your daddy's Taurus
By driver A

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The new Taurus is not your father's car. With the demise of the Crown Vic, it has become to flagship Ford and it deserves to be. I have had Fords since the 1960's and this one is a whole different animal. It has a few flaw, gas mileage could be better and there are two bad blind spots. However, The Lincoln MKS is the same car with lipstick on it and a price tag of 7 grand more. All colors are nice but the sparkling Black is super.The leather interior, heated seats, Sync system, Sirius radio, paddle shifters, keyless entry. It's a great product for a fair price. Most dealers have only a few on hand. Look around its worth the wait and enjoy.

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design. Feel of the road.

Suggested Improvements

Correct blind spots, improve mileage.