2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Pretty Good
By D. R. on 10/13/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Basics of what makes a vehicle a car are very good - fine fit and finish, drivetrain is plenty powerful,smooth, and flexible. Trunk space is superior. Ride is quiet, but would prefer a bit less stiff suspension and higher profile tires on a family sedan. I don't care about Indy car performance on the curves. I know pizzazz sells, but wish Engineers would shift emphasis a bit from entertainment and novelty to utility. Steering wheel paddle switch shifting to play manual transmission is an idea whose time should have never come. Long after the shine wears off, such mundane things as a garage door opener and a trash container - not included - would be more satisfying.

So far so good
By JanaG on 10/08/09 18:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 92 Ford Taurus, decided to try the modern Taurus for my self. The car seems much bigger than its predecessor. But the handling of te car has improved. Got this car a bit over the MSRP which was about $25,170. Two very critical things, hopefully the car will be reliable. Especially in the transmission department. And secondly, the interior design is still not quite up to par as the rest of the auto industry. Since Asia makes great components now, I know for fact that GM, Ford, and Chrysler use cheaper, higher quality, interior components, the same ones Hyundai uses in fact to be installed on their cars.

Pleasently surprised
By watashi on 09/28/09 13:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I ordered my Taurus Sel last June and received delivery on September 22. the SEL is very well equipped as is. The only thing I added was leather interior. I am very impressed with the handling qualities and the suspension.The ride almost has a sport feel. It is firm yet not harsh. The engine does an excellent job pulling it along with little effort despite the 4,000 pound weight. The 6 speed transmission is very smooth shifting through the gears. You wouldn't know it was shifting if you were'nt watching the tach. With the cruise control set, the transmission will down shift on steep descents in order to maintain the set speed. I also like the manual overide feature.

What a Car
By John on 09/20/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford out did themselves on this one. What a beautiful machine...Car rides like a dream....Beautiful design in and out....I love my new Taurus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*