Used 2010 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

2010 Taurus Limited FWD
By jdydiesel

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my wife this car 3 nights ago, as of right now all I can say is WOW! I would drive this car 24-7 if I had a choice. I might just have to go get one myself. The exterior styling is second to none on the market and the interior is huge, comfortable, and makes you want to stay in the car.

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Make the SHO with a different color interior, I don't like black leather, so I didn't get the SHO because of that. Also I would think the fuel mileage could increase, but maybe it will with engine break-in. The headrests are sometimes in the way.

Miss my Acura TL
By JR

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

In these tough economic times, I felt guilty driving an import. Sold my Acura to my brother-in-law, and purchased a Taurus. I like the roominess, but I question the reliability. Stalls out every time I fill the tank, and struggles in shifting gears for the first 20 miles or so after a refueling. At this moment, it is in the shop for a second time in two months to address this problem. In five years, I never needed anything beyond oil changes for my Acura...in five months, the Taurus has been in the shop 3 times....can you say lemon law?! God Bless America, but one should still be wary of her cars. I miss my Acura, and I'm going back to imports!

Favorite Features

Styling, interior room, trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Stereo is not good, the center console is too large, and as noted above, reliability is a big question mark.

This is a good car
By Rob Good

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My BMW 328 is in the shop and this is my rental for over a month. I had a SHO back in '92 and loved that car, but had come to see standard Taurus as mediocre. I was not prepared for how much I like this car. This is a big car, with swagger and enough power in the standard models to move. Better than my Beemer? No, but if I was buying new I would take a long look at the new SHO. The model I have is a Limited and is by itself pretty damn good. Kudos to Ford. And they didn't need a dime of my taxes!

Favorite Features

Style and swagger, feels like a guys car. Good cockpit design, generously sized seats (I am 6' 4").

Suggested Improvements

Forget the Microsoft Synch option- more hassle than it is worth. Typical MS nested menus and a fascistic control of your operations. Sound system on this std. model was OK, but as a music guy i would opt for the better set.

Great car except for the rear legroom
By pomp

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My criteria was a large sedan with a big trunk and AWD made in the USA. Previous car a 2007 Caddy Deville. I want minimum road feel. I was worried about the low sidewall tires(45). They are OK. Still potholes punch through but overall the ride is very quite, as good as the caddy. Trunk space is voluminous but the opening is small and the floor has a well which your golf clubs strattle.The drive train is smooth. never hear engine revs. LTD comes with paddle shifters which are completely useless. Never use them. maybe the SHO crowd thinks there cool. Rear seat legroom is ridiculous for this size car. Front seats have to be half way fwd to give min. legroom for the rear.

Favorite Features

redactive cruise control worth the money for highway drivers. Works perfect. Crash alert actually can save you. Very smooth comfortable highway ride. I like the look of this car. Got lots of compliments so its not just me.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat leg room probably not fixable. Headroom getting in is limited. Back up sensors too sensitive. Every time you are in reverse they will startle you. Had to deactivate them. Not much to complain about with this car.

Best Ford I've ever owned (since 1955)
By Mr.Bill

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I took delivery on October 1st, I think it was one of the first in Houston. Saw the next one three weeks later. It's the best American car I've owned, and so far (9,500) as good as my Acura RL, Infinity Q45, and BMW 5 series. It has to be one of the best values in America. Absolutely ZERO problems in 6 months and 9.000 miles. Only complaint is the BIG Ford emblems tattooed all over. Get some class like the Germans and Japanese and use small name badges. Tight body and suspension, plenty of power, Sync system is great. Climate control is fantastic. Huge trunk, plenty of room in interior, and dressed with great accessories. Fantastic car! And it's America!

Favorite Features

STYLE, Sync, Transmission, Power, Spacious

Suggested Improvements

Cool it with the humongous Ford badges. Homelink.