2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
The best car I've ever owned
By rjkid on 02/01/10 11:20 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best handling car I've ever owned.It's fun to drive and has a very smooth ride. Both the interior and exterior of the 2010 Ford Taurus rival much more expensive "luxury" models. Great work Ford!

Henry would be proud!
By oldtarheel on 01/28/10 20:02 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good job Ford - great car! Just drove 1000 mile trip through mountains and got 28+ mpg at 70-75 mph - terrific for such a big heavy car! Great handling, comfortable seats, smooth ride. Love the SIRIUS radio. I don't get some of the comments about the csr being cheap? Ford got it right this time.

Love this car ...
By Mike on 01/21/10 05:46 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was the first car to be sold from the dealership. I was apprehensive with my experience with Escape. But I saw it loved and wanted it. This is a very comfortable car and spacious. I luv the seats, compared to the wimpy seats of imports. Love the paddle wheel shifters, real easy to use. SYNC works well enough with my iPhone and has been fun for kids and us. The interior, lighting and features are more like Lincoln than conventional Ford. So we get the luxury at a bargain. Trunk is humongous and kids love rear seat space.

Fix The Interior And It's A Winner
By Nicky T on 01/14/10 10:32 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The interior design on this car is lacking. The center console is WAY TOO BIG and wastes a lot of valuable space. I wish I had taken the time to rent one before I bought this but unfortunately I'll have to put up with the interior the way it is. Otherwise, it is a really solid car

Tough Grader/Good Vehicle
By Oldnavycdr on 01/12/10 11:22 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The scores given above are relative to world class vehicles so understand that I'm fairly tough. Overall, I am delighted with the Taurus. The ride is smooth, the steering is nicely weighted -- especially for an electric steering system, it is very quiet, and front seating is extremely comfortable - - in town or on the road. And trunk passes the 3 golf bag test. It does fall down in rear seat room and headroom although I'm less concerned because I do the driving! Materials used in the storage console are very poor and cheapen an otherwise quality interior. Perhaps extend the wood grain theme here and stiffen the structure. But most of all create more storage! Shift paddles are stupid.

Get the kids out of design department
By Road Warrior on 01/11/10 19:53 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had an '08 put 60K on it, great car lots of room. '10 is basically same pan with zoom zoom styling. Ford forgot to put a back seat in this version. Too bad. Last year had limo- like room in back, this one has same leg room as Fusion. Roof chop WAY too aggressive. Has passé "Gangsta" look. It's juvenile and restricts outward visibility to point of dangerous; like being in a machine gun bunker. Rear headrests block so much that they will cause cut offs on highway. Center console big enough to bury a body in. Why? So what's good? Engine & tranny (carryover), handling not bad for a big car, good mileage for this class, much improved seats (front). Last model was great. Ford sold out for the bling.

Good job, Ford!
By JeanC on 01/07/10 23:07 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is a very nice car, inside and out. Excellent exterior styling, very close to 'perfect' interior. Trim on the console sides shouldn't be plastic. Ride quality is superb... firm but not harsh. Plenty of power, and very smooth through the gears. After 1000 miles, highway fuel economy is well below estimates (not typical for me).

Homerun
By Gary on 01/06/10 15:56 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2005 Cadillac CTS for my new Taurus Limited and everything about the Taurus tells I made right decision. The ride and handling are superb. The Taurus has more features than the CTS and cost thousands less. I've had more people stop and complement the looks of the car. I love the way the interior is laided out, gives you the feel of a true luxury sedan. Ford hit one out of the ballpark with this one.

Best CAR for the money!!!!
By bondo on 01/04/10 12:39 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My only complaint is the poor view out of the rear window. That being said you cannot find another car with as much power, room, features and comfort at this price point. I am a travelling salesman and have put over 11,000 miles on the car in a little over 3 months. Like 99.99% of Americans I drive on Interstates and suburban roads, not on the autobahn. This is a big, comfortable car that has more than enough power and handling to cope with any driving conditions you will encounter. Do yourself a favor, if you want a car that you can drive for work during the week and then on the weekends take your family for comfortable ride, look at the Taurus.

Initial Impressions
By S-Pony on 01/01/10 14:47 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only owned mine for a few days, but drove home 2 hours from the dealership in the snow and sleet. Car handled confidently in sloppy weather. Very fun to drive! Great highway cruiser! Comfort rated a 9 due to a potential hard spot in the multi- contoured seats which caused some discomfort. Will update after more windshield time. Very fond of the interior design; Sync is great and fairly intuitive as I was able to figure out most features without reading the manual. Too early to accurately rate reliability so will update later. So far, couldn't be happier with my decision to give Ford another look. Well done Ford!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$114 per month*