2010 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Vehicle
By sas260 on 11/24/09 02:26 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is by far the best vehicle value on the market today. The styling, performance, comfort and quality are all spot on. The technology will blow you away! The sync system finally brings a system to market that you can use when it is intended to be used, while you are driving. The voice recognition is accurate 90 percent of the time. Everyone that hear I bought a Ford Taurus is stunned at first, but then goes into shock when they see it and drive it. For me, I get all the luxury and quality of higher end imports, at a great price and I can proudly say I bought an American car once again.

What a Car!
By TJ on 11/22/09 09:44 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have had our Taurus a little over a month and have driven it 2500 miles to date. Coming off from 3 Park Avenues, the ride is not as smooth as a Buick, however the overall ride is very satisfactory and the fuel economy is great. Averaging about 30 on long distance driving, and 26 with city, freeway, and short trips. What amazes me is the attention the design is getting, with strangers wanting to know more about the car. Have had at least a dozen comments so far on how sharp it is and they cannot believe it is a Ford Taurus. They also comment on the interior design and spacious trunk. Would recommend this car to anyone looking for a well built, fun and comfortable car to drive.

Why buy a foreign car anymore?
By Clint H on 11/14/09 19:31 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove and almost bought a BMW 5 series for 60K. Then I drove the Taurus Limited... loaded of coarse and I have to absolutely admit I loved the Taurus. I seriously had everything that the BMW had and it was 23K cheaper. I love the styling... I love the handling... I love the acceleration. Ford, you did a great job on this one. Bought some stock afterwards too.

Worth the Wait
By EverReady on 10/31/09 04:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Special ordered in May 09 without test driving or seeing vehicle in person. One of our best decisions. So glad Ford decided to bring Taurus back. Look forward to driving this car. Enjoying all the new features such as BlueTooth, voice activation. Called the Silver Bullet, love the color. Seats are comfortable, ride is smooth and quiet. Handles great. 29-30 MPG for trips to Ohio and 21-22 MPG around town and to work. So far, so good. Only problem - auto windshield wipers not working and dealer has failed to determine problem. New vehicle and people not trained in maintaining; trouble shooting. Ford failed to provide maintenance manuals in advance or train personnel.

Gets Lots of Looks
By DJ on 10/30/09 16:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had our Taurus only a little over a month, but have already taken it on a 5 day driving trip to the mountains. It handled great, we even used the shift paddles coming down some of the steeper grades. They were easy to use and safer than riding the brake. We averaged 26 mpg which was better than expected. Passengers in the backseat commmented how comfortable they were and that they could see out well. Love the hands-free SYNC system. We used the directions coming and going, even though we had a map. It helped us even find a Walmart. Huge trunk, nice height for seating, you don't fall into the car. Everywhere we go, we always get comments on what a beautiful car it is.

why would you buy an import ???
By Harry on 10/26/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is unbelivable . The best review for someone is to just drive it .Great handeling ..takes corners like a sports car but has the quality and apperance of a luxery car ,but the price tag of an economy car ..this is one solid car ..makes me wonder why anyone would purchase import garbage ..

Even better
By SnoutDawg on 10/20/09 10:26 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wow, this car is even better than I could have hoped for. This is not the Taurus we knew; not even close. I got the Limited front wheel drive w/ every feature but adaptive cruise. This is a pure world-class vehicle. It has endless space, and technology, dazzling design, and plenty of power and handling. The exterior look is stunning. I feel like a celeb with the way I get stopped by impressed strangers. I actually like the smaller glass lines; gives more private, comfy feel. Very quiet inside and out. Only cons for me are relatively limited interior storage, and no coin storage.

Should've Gone With Lexus
By John Tess on 10/18/09 21:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has had many problems from the start. The ride is stiff, the fuel economy is lousy and the handling is pretty terrible versus the competing vehicles and price points. The motor is also very coarse sounding at open throttle, which is not what I was expecting from such an expensive car. The gauges are also very plain and boring for such a pricey vehicles Buyer Beware.

It's not your grandma's Taurus anymore!
By Move Over Lexus on 10/18/09 11:08 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2003 Corvette for a new fully loaded FWD 2010 Taurus Limited. Unless you live in snow country, there is no need to buy AWD. Acceleration is very impressive and it handles great too. This car is extremely smooth and quiet. Before you spend more money on another luxury vehicle, please test drive this car. This car is pure luxury with a sumptious leather interior and an optional navigation package.

The best new car on the road
By Joe M on 10/16/09 15:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had the Limited for about a month. I have driven Lexus vehicles for 15 years and this is more quiet than any Lexus I have owned and more fun to drive. It has great performance and a lot of technical features...my favorite is the adaptive cruise control and blind spot indicators. I have had many people want to look and at least two Mercedes owners looked at it and wanted to trade theirs in for this car. I think some may find the drivers space a bit confining due to the design of the console but the console itself is well put together. I have the tuxedo metallic black...really upscale looking

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus Sedan in VA is:

$130 per month*