2010 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Best car
By servicechic on 03/19/10 07:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw this car I just had to drive it. Once I did I had to buy it. It feels like a luxury vehicle inside and out. The price for what you get I very acceptable. I think if the salesman can get people to drive this car it will sell itself.

Love this Car!
By rainbows6 on 03/12/10 12:42 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have 3 cars, 05 Prius (commute car), 09 BMW Z4 (fun zip car) and our new Taurus Limited (long trips & spouses everyday car). The Taurus fit and finish is on par with the BMW. If I could get into the HOV by myself I would steal the car from my wife. I have had more positive comments about the Taurus than the Z4. In 2001 I was a Ford salesman, thought the Taurus was utilitarian and boring. This is not your fathers Taurus! I love driving this car, it's comfortable and has a cavern for a trunk. Ford without a doubt is back from the brink, they hit a home run with this car. Easily competes against BMW 5 series, Lexus Mercedes etc... more technology and significantly less cost.

Chevy to a Ford
By Vicki on 03/10/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned GM products all my life. This Taurus beat the Impala & the Lacerne in terms of ride, quality by miles. Love the ride, handling & power of this car. Reasonable Price too.

This New SHO Rules the Road
By Oldsalt on 03/04/10 09:57 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Wow, fantastic performance that just plain embarrasses many so-called performance sedans. More techno gadgets than any car in its class, and more than most luxury brands offer. Modern up-to-date styling that is bold yet still somewhat traditional you won't forget this car five minutes after you get out of it. Ford has hit a grand slam with this vehicle!

This is a FORD???
By dfurgs on 02/23/10 16:41 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have never considered myself a "Ford Guy". I drove the Camry and the Taurus and I chose the Taurus. I was really amazed with myself. I had my mind set that the Camry would blow the Taurus away. It didn't happen. The Taurus blew the Camry away! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS CAR!!! The only complaint I have is the center console is too close to my right leg. ford could have made the center console smaller and more ergonomic. Not that big of a deal!!! I tell everyone this car is as close to a BMW as you can get. The price tag is nothing like a BMW. Go drive one and see for yourself. Ford has brought quality back to DETROIT. AAAA++++ for the NEW Taurus.

SHO No Go in AWD
By Keendog on 02/22/10 14:36 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Great car, quiet, fast, very fun to drive. Having MAJOR problem, however, with AWD system that my local Ford dealer (in Brighton, Michigan) and local for FSE (Field Service Engineer) can't seem to diagnose. The AWD does not work, specifically the rear wheels do not provide any torque. It will be fixed I am sure by people who know (and care). Have to downgrade build quality as a result since it had this issue day one. This is a GREAT vehicle in every other way (even without rear wheels driving, it is very fun to drive) and once fixed will be a pleasure to drive for years to come, no doubt.

Great Features......But the ride is not
By Frank on 02/19/10 07:30 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The car comes loaded with all the Bells and whistles which were the attraction. I mean who doesn't want all the safety feature as options. But @ 46 K the ride should be much tighter up front. The Power assist steering might be the problem. Alot of oversteer. The power for a turbo revs at a very high rate. Not as quick out of the blocks as I would have hoped. Definitely not a performance sedan like the audi 6 or BMW 5 x series sedan. Alas the economy prevented me from going in that direction. i miss my european ride, controlled, tight, and exceptionally quick. Ford has done a great job with the vehicle but has a ways to go to compete with the big three BMW, Mercedes, Audi.

Best Taurus ever
By Tom F on 02/18/10 14:02 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Taurus, my first non wagon. The other two were very good in all respects but this one is the best! The style,interior, quality and available features are great. It rides well with little road noise so you have to watch your speed. I have received many compliments on this car.The trunk is huge without dropping the seatbacks.

First Ford, Trade In toyota
By joe on 02/16/10 17:07 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is unreal fast and really fun to drive. It is loaded . I got a great deal with an extra incentive to dump the toyota. Interior design is like a cockpit and when you put the pedal to the metal you really feel locked in with the contour seat. Only wish the name was not taurus as the stigma is hard to kill.

2010 SHO After 5 Months
By RBM on 02/09/10 07:53 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Handling and performance is off the charts. Storage is more than ample. Appearance is a 10+ and wherever we take it we get stares and positive comments. It is a show stopper in candy apple red metallic and when we show off, we easily leave everyone else in the dust. This is akin to a stallion that just wants to run. The electronics are logical and easy to use and even though I am a Crown Vic user, this car has changed my mind about the Taurus. This is the third Ford (500, Taurus, Taurus) new car my wife has purchased and it is by far the best overall automobile we have acquired. I would rate it far abouve a ten if given the opportunity. The "Arrest me red," color is my only concern.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Taurus in VA is:

$130 per month*